"Way of the World (Part III of III)": Superman narrates how Thomas Price died in spite of all their efforts and his parents are besides themselves with grief over his death.
- You've got a decision to make. I'm not going to say I understand what you must be going through, because I don't, but I do know something about it. I wasn't born this way. I was a normal kid, with a normal life. No flying, no heroics. I wanted to be an astronaut. Then my planet... my world... started to tear itself apart.
- -- Supergirl
Appearing in "Way of the World (Part III of III)"
- Alura In-Ze (Flashback only)
- Zor-El (Flashback only)
- Henry Paul Price
- Maureen Clark Price
- Thomas Price (Dies)
- Kryptonian Rocket (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "Way of the World (Part III of III)"
Superman narrates how Thomas Price died in spite of all their efforts and his parents are besides themselves with grief over his death.
Kara is devastated but she don't want to give up yet. She flies Resurrection Man to the hospital and explains she wants to inject Thomas with his nanite-filled blood. Superman is very much against the idea. Even if he were brought back to life, he wouldn't be human anymore. Kara asks why it would be so bad. Kal insists that his parents would not understand it, and Kara wants to explain it to them. Superman agrees to explain her plan to them, but reiterates their word is final.
Mr. Price is against the idea; still Kara thinks it's up to her. Supergirl grabs Mrs. Price and flies off to a high mountaintop. She explains how her parents did everything they could to save her life, even if they had no way to save if she would survive the trip or lead a good life. They could have hold onto their daughter and waited for the end, but they didn't... even though sometimes she wishes they did.
Mrs. Price understands what Supergirl is trying to tell her, and agrees to use the Resurrection Man's blood on her son. They return to the hospital and inject Thomas Price's corpse with the nanite infected blood. They wait several minutes, but nothing happens. Thomas is still dead.
- This book was first published on July 2, 2008.
- This issue is reprinted in the Supergirl: Way of the World and Supergirl: Ghosts of Krypton trade paperbacks.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Supergirl Vol 5 31 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Supergirl series