"Who Is Superwoman? (Part III of VI) - Ticking Clocks": Superwoman releases Reactron and orders him to gather his things up. They have to leave right now lest they are seen. Reactron is going to murder his former girlfriend, Lori Murphy,
Appearing in "Who Is Superwoman? (Part III of VI) - Ticking Clocks"
- Agent Liberty (In a photograph only)
- Alura In-Ze (Hologram)
- Lois Lane (Behind the scenes)
- Superman (Mentioned only)
- Broyles (First appearance)
- Harrison (First appearance)
- Lori Murphy (Final appearance; Dies)
Synopsis for "Who Is Superwoman? (Part III of VI) - Ticking Clocks"
Superwoman releases Reactron and orders him to gather his things up. They have to leave right now lest they are seen. Reactron is going to murder his former girlfriend, Lori Murphy, but Superwoman punches him into a wall. Lori believes Superman has come to save her, but Superwoman rips open a gas line and creates a conflagration in the apartment. Once she's made Lori's death look like an accident, she and a grinning Reactron leave.
Supergirl is flying across Metropolis at super-speed on the search for Lori Murphy's apartment, guided by Lana Lang. Supergirl finds Murphy's apartment, but Reactron and Superwoman are long gone. Realizing Lori's death wasn't an accident, Kara flies off to not be seen. Still she has been spotted by a Project 7734's drone.
At Metropolis Police Precinct 55, Inspector Michael Henderson is still pondering on Agent Liberty's murder case. Then he's informed that his team managed to retrieve Agent Liberty's memory files. Henderson gets moving right away.
Kara has returned to Hammersmith Tower to report her failure to her mother, Alura and tell her about the interloper. Alura does nothing but coldly chiding her and treating her like an useless soldier who must earn her approval until Kara gets angry and smashes the communication device. Lana arrives and Kara leans on her, asking why her mother is torturing her emotionally.
On Project 7734's base, Superwoman and Reactron are handed over their next mission: assassinating Supergirl.
At Metropolis Police Precinct 55, Inspector Michael Henderson has contacted Lois Lane who promises to send someone along to help him out. He is waiting for Superman and is surprised when Supergirl shows up. Since Superman is off planet, he ushers Supergirl in his office to talk about Agent Liberty's case and show her a picture of his murderer: Superwoman.
All of sudden, Lucy Lane barges her way into his office to question Supergirl. Then she shows pictures of Superwoman carrying Reactron and flying over Metropolis, apparently searching someone. Supergirl decides to head out to find them immediately.
- This book was first published on March 18, 2009.
- This issue is navigation number 18/2009. The events from this issue take place after Action Comics #875.
- First full appearance of Hammersmith Tower, Lana and Supergirl's living quarters.
- Superwoman killed Agent Liberty in Action Comics #873.
- Inspector Henderson mentions a partner of his who was killed by the sound of a woman's voice. In Supergirl Vol 5 48 were revealed the details of Captain Tanner's death at Silver Banshee's hands.
- Lori Murphy's apartment is on the corner of Binder and Mooney, named after Supergirl's co-creator and one of her main artists.
- In the police precinct, there is a chart on the wall showing a list of names. All of the names correspond to DC Comics creators including, Dan DiDio, Wil Moss, Jamal Igle, Jon Sibal and Paul Levitz.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Supergirl Vol 5 39 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Supergirl series
- Supergirl Recommended Reading