"Who Is Superwoman? (Part IV of VI) - Mistakes": Supergirl is at the 55th precinct consulting with Inspector Mike Henderson as to the possible identity of Superwoman. Supergirl suspects that it might be her ch
- You lied to me! You've been trying to get close to me for weeks! Trying to weasel your way in! Smiling at me! Pretending to be my friend when you helped kill my father! Why did you do it?
- -- Supergirl
Appearing in "Who Is Superwoman? (Part IV of VI) - Mistakes"
- Batman (Flashback only)
- Bill Henderson (Behind the scenes)
- Thara Ak-Var (Flashback only)
- Batcave (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "Who Is Superwoman? (Part IV of VI) - Mistakes"
Supergirl leaves and continues flying about Metropolis in search of Superwoman. She thinks that she finds her perched upon a rooftop, but this is just a trap, allowing Reactron the opportunity to ambush her. Reactron opens his chest cavity, exposing Supergirl to the Gold Kryptonite housed within. Supergirl's powers cancel out and she begins to plummet to the street below. She calls upon her training by Batman, who showed her how to deal with situations should she ever be without the use of her powers. Supergirl angles her body and uses her cape to slow her descent. She crashes to the ground, but is relatively unharmed.
Meanwhile, Cat Grant, Jimmy Olsen and Lana Lang attend a journalism awards banquet sponsored by the Metropolis public school system. Cat begins asking Lana about her "niece" Linda (who is actually Supergirl). Lana, unprepared for this particular line of questioning, begins to stumble for a response.
Elsewhere, Supergirl continues her fight with Reactron. Her powers are slowly returning to her, but so long as Reactron possesses the Gold Kryptonite, she will inevitably be powerless against him. Struggling with all her might, she charges Reactron and tears the Kryptonite from his chest cavity. Reactron begins howling in pain.
Back at the awards banquet, Lana begins bleeding from her nose. Jimmy grows concerned, but she dismisses him. Whatever is affecting takes its toll on her body and Lana collapses to the floor.
Back at the precinct, Superwoman appears and fires a deadly blast of heat vision at Inspector Henderson. As Henderson flies against the back wall, Supergirl bursts in and grabs a hold of Superwoman. She knows her true identity now. Supergirl pulls back Superwoman's hood revealing the face of Major Lucy Lane!
- This issue shipped on April 22nd, 2009.
- This issue is navigation number 22/2009.
- Issue includes a five-page preview of The Last Days of Animal Man #1.
- Mike Henderson is seen on the telephone speaking to the police commissioner, whom he refers to as "Bill". Presumably, this is former Metropolis police inspector Bill Henderson (no relation).
- Supergirl maintains a secret identity of Linda Lang, niece of Lana Lang.
- Although Thara Ak-Var is not Superwoman as Supergirl suspected, she is in fact currently operating as another costumed hero -- Flamebird. Flamebird and her partner Nightwing are the featured characters in Action Comics during the "World Without Superman" storyline.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Supergirl Vol 5 40 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Supergirl series
Links and References
- Supergirl article at Wikipedia
- Supergirl (Volume 5) series index at DCU Guide
- Supergirl (Volume 5) series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Supergirl (Volume 5) series index at the Grand Comics Database Project