Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Who Is Superwoman? (Part V of VI) - Daughter of Krypton": Lana Lang is rushed to the Ellsworth Memorial Hospital after collapsing from a seizure. Jimmy Olsen and Cat Grant are present, both of whom are worried
- You don't deserve mercy. You deserve a beating!
- -- Supergirl
Appearing in "Who Is Superwoman? (Part V of VI) - Daughter of Krypton"
- Olympian (On a TV or computer screen)
Synopsis for "Who Is Superwoman? (Part V of VI) - Daughter of Krypton"
At Project 7734, General Sam Lane monitors Supergirl's battle against Superwoman. He is distressed over the notion that Supergirl has unmasked her opponent, revealing the face of his own daughter, Lucy Lane. General Lane is confident though that his daughter will get the job done. Nevertheless, he sends Reactron out to provide her with support.
In the skies over Metropolis, Supergirl is furious at this sudden revelation. She doesn't understand how Lucy is able to imitate Kryptonian powers, but she is more enraged by the notion that this woman, who was partially responsible for her father's murder, pretended to be her friend then betrayed her. Superwoman retorts by telling her that she will finish her off, then lay the blame for everything that has happened at Supergirl's feet, including the murder of Agent Liberty.
Reactron shows up, armed with Gold Kryptonite. As before, the Kryptonite temporarily robs Supergirl of her powers, leaving her vulnerable. Fortunately for her, Inspector Mike Henderson, though bleeding to death, arrives and fires a shot into Reactron's head.
Once she regains her powers, Supergirl power-dives into Superwoman, tearing away the S-emblem on her costume, remarking that she doesn't deserve to wear the S. This prompts an unexpected reaction as Superwoman begins shrieking in pain. Her body begins to contort into grotesque positions and it becomes clear that her costume is the key to her power. The suit itself becomes unstable and explodes in a brilliant flash of light, seemingly killing Superwoman in the process.
- Issue shipped on May 20th, 2009.
- This issue is navigation number 26/2009.
- Chapter Five (conclusion) of the "Who Is Superwoman?" saga.
- Issue includes a five-page preview of Detective Comics #854.
- Ellsworth Memorial Hospital is named after Golden Age editor Whitney Ellsworth.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Supergirl Vol 5 41 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Supergirl series
Links and References
- Supergirl article at Wikipedia
- Supergirl (Volume 5) series index at DCU Guide
- Supergirl (Volume 5) series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Supergirl (Volume 5) series index at the Grand Comics Database Project