"Guilding Day": On New Krypton, Kara Zor-El writes a posthumous letter to her father, Zor-El. Today is her birthday and it is the day that she must select a guild for herself. She meets with her mother who
- Today is my birthday. And it's the day I choose what guild I'm going to take.
- -- Supergirl
Appearing in "Guilding Day"
- Wonder Girl (In a photograph only)
Synopsis for "Guilding Day"
On New Krypton, Kara Zor-El writes a posthumous letter to her father, Zor-El. Today is her birthday and it is the day that she must select a guild for herself. She meets with her mother who gives her a list of errands to run. Kara is frustrated and feels that this is punishment for failing to capture Reactron, the murderer of her father.
During her errands, Supergirl encounters her cousin Kal-El who is leading a Red Shard contingent of the Kryptonian Military Guild on an investigation into Superwoman's activities on New Krypton. The investigation leads them to the apartment of a Kandorian named Kryn Kel-Ur. Superman finds DNA traces of Lucy Lane's presence here.
Supergirl continues with her errands which brings her into contact with the other city guilds. She is now angry at her mother, but when she confronts her, Alura insists that these errands were not intended as a punishment, but rather, a gift. Kara is now armed with the knowledge to adequately choose which guild is best for her. Kara joins the Kryptonian Science Guild.
- Issue shipped on July 22nd, 2009.
- This issue is navigation number 34/2009.
- Alura sent Supergirl on a search for Reactron during the "Who Is Superwoman?" story-arc.
- Reactron murdered Zor-El in Supergirl (Volume 5) #36.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Supergirl Vol 5 43 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Supergirl series