"Girl Power, Part V of V: Supergirls": On the surface of the moon, the real Supergirl and her evil doppelgänger square off against one another. Evil Supergirl taunts her as they trade blows, questioning her counterpart's
- You can't just arrive in Gotham City... and not tell... Batman.
- -- Supergirl
Appearing in "Girl Power, Part V of V: Supergirls"
- Dark Supergirl (Dies)
- Green Kryptonite
- Green Lantern Ring
- Hawkman's mace
- Kryptonite Ring
- Lasso of Truth
- Lex Luthor's Warsuit (Flashback only)
- Nth Metal Wings
- Sunstone (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "Girl Power, Part V of V: Supergirls"
On the surface of the moon, the real Supergirl and her evil doppelgänger square off against one another. Evil Supergirl taunts her as they trade blows, questioning her counterpart's true identity. The JLA regroup and are ready to join the fight, but the evil Supergirl flies off into space. Supergirl chases after her, but the evil Supergirl baits her into an ambush. The JLA meanwhile, send a message to some friends back on Earth.
The two brawling Kryptonians continue attacking one another, and Supergirl lures her evil duplicate into following her to Gotham City. There, Batman stands ready. The evil Supergirl scoffs at Batman's presence and tries to kill him, but Batman manages to evade her attacks. Seconds later, Superman and Wonder Woman arrive to help Batman out.
The evil Supergirl power-dives into the real one and switches their costumes at super-speed. Now the JLA have no way of knowing which one is the real Supergirl and which one is the duplicate. Regretably, Superman and Wonder Woman are forced to turn his fists against both of them, not willing to take any chances. Batman manages to corral them together with his Kryptonite Ring and Wonder Woman binds them together using the Lasso of Truth. She commands the Supergirls to tell her who is the real Kara Zor-El. Since the mystical properties of the lasso can not adequately distinguish between the two, it merges them back together and Supergirl is once again whole.
- This book was first published on January 11, 2006.
- Issue shipped with two alternate covers illustrated by Ian Churchill, Michael Turner and Peter Steigerwald.
- This issue is reprinted in the Supergirl: Power trade paperback.
- Issue includes flashbacks to events from Superman/Batman #19 and Supergirl #3.
- Last issue of the series to be written by Jeph Loeb.
- Supergirl comments that there was time enough for only Kal-El's rocket left the galaxy implies that Krypton was outside the Milky Way Galaxy rather then only 27 light-years distant as shown in Action Comics #979
- One of the ships seen in Gotham Harbor is named Loeb III after writer Jeph Loeb.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Supergirl Vol 5 5 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Supergirl series
- Images from Supergirl Vol 5 5
Links and References
- Supergirl article at Wikipedia
- Supergirl (Volume 5) series index at DCU Guide
- Supergirl (Volume 5) series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Supergirl (Volume 5) series index at the Grand Comics Database Project