"Day of the Dollmaker, part two: End of the Line": Anton Schott (The Dollmaker) has Cat Grant tied up, and explains that he was born on Christmas, and is the son of Winslow Schott (The Toyman). When he grew up he became uninteresting to his father, so his mother took him away only to abandon him
- Figures. Like all villains, once you're left standing alone, you're begging and cowardly. You tortured three little kids. Why should I let you do anything?
- -- Supergirl
Appearing in "Day of the Dollmaker, part two: End of the Line"
- Dollmaker (Anton Schott) (Final appearance)
- Superwoman (Lucy Lane)
- Baroness Blitzkrieg (Cameo)
- Doctor Sivana (Cameo)
- Gang (Cameo)
Synopsis for "Day of the Dollmaker, part two: End of the Line"
Anton Schott (The Dollmaker) has Cat Grant tied up, and explains that he was born on Christmas, and is the son of Winslow Schott (The Toyman). When he grew up he became uninteresting to his father, so his mother took him away only to abandon him in Metropolis earlier this year. He found his father's old workshop and decided to continue his legacy, and took other kids who'd been abandoned (the missing children). He found out about what his father did to Cat. So he decided Cat can help him get revenge on Toyman, and in exchange she will get to be his new mother.
Then we get two pages of Kara retelling the story from last issue.
Kara stopped a bunch of low-life criminals with hopes they would have the information on the missing children, but did not find out anything.
Lois asks Lucy what she is as an excuse to recap Lucy's entire history for a page, and then Lois tells Lucy how disgusted she is by her.
Back in her apartment, Cat Grant tells the Dollmaker she would not love him if he were the last man on earth. This prompts him to give it a shot, and he declares he will kill all the children of Metropolis. As he and his dolls march for the door, Cat gives in and calls out to Supergirl.
Kara arrives, spouts a cheesy line, and kicks some ass. Dollmaker says he has bombs strapped to the children and threatens to kill him, Kara frees Cat and knocks Dollmaker out. The children are discovered and returned to their parents.
Kara and Lana head to Smallville for Christmas with the Kents, where Kara tells the others Dollmaker is in intensive care but should pull through. Lois and Superboy arrive, and Lois brings a copy of tomorrow's Daily Planet headline, in which Cat reverses her stance on Supergirl.
- No trivia.
- Supergirl storylines
- Supergirl image gallery
- Supergirl image category
- Supergirl appearances list
- Supergirl quotes page
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Supergirl Vol 5 59 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Supergirl series
- Images from Supergirl Vol 5 59
Links and References
- Supergirl article at Wikipedia
- Supergirl (Volume 5) series index at DCU Guide
- Supergirl (Volume 5) series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Supergirl (Volume 5) series index at the Grand Comics Database Project