"Candor (Part III of III)": Saturn Queen has captured Power Girl (Nightwing) while the brainwashed Supergirl (Flamebird) has pledged herself to Kryptonian leader Kal-El and has agreed to become his bride. Sa
- Okay... you know what...? The two of you are really messed up.
- -- Supergirl
Appearing in "Candor (Part III of III)"
- Alexander Luthor (Flashback only)
- Alura In-Ze (as an illusion only)
- Batman (Flashback only)
- Superman (Flashback only)
- Legion of Super-Villains (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "Candor (Part III of III)"
Saturn Queen has captured Power Girl (Nightwing) while the brainwashed Supergirl (Flamebird) has pledged herself to Kryptonian leader Kal-El and has agreed to become his bride. Saturn Queen has her Cherishers interrogate Power Girl, but with little success. Through the course of the process, Power Girl begins to discover that the "reality" they have been living in is a lie.
Meanwhile, Kal-El prepares for his wedding to Supergirl. Supergirl's mind is fragmented by two pieces of conflicting programming. Her conscious mind battles between the Saturn Queen's brainwashing and her legacy to destroy Kal-El.
Supergirl learns that this Kal-El is actually the analog of Superman from the Antimatter Universe known as Ultraman. Following Alexander Luthor's attempts to create a new reality by restructuring the Multiverse, the Saturn Queen and Ultraman were displaced from their native timelines/realities and temporarily shunted into the Phantom Zone. Since escaping, Saturn Queen has used her mental powers to create her own personal version of Kandor with Ultraman serving as her "son" and using the name Kal-El.
Supergirl breaks free of the brainwashing just as Power Girl breaks out of Saturn Queen's dungeon. They team-up to take on Ultraman, and with the combined might of their powers, succeed in defeating him. Supergirl is prepared to kill him, but Saturn Queen pleads with her to spare his life. She telepathically provides Supergirl with information relating to her home town of Argo City. Supergirl agrees to spare Ultraman's life and suddenly flies off. Confused, Power Girl trails after her.
- This book was first published on July 26, 2006.
- A special thanks is given in the credits to writer Greg Rucka, who plotted this story arc.
- This issue is reprinted in the Supergirl: Candor trade paperback.
- Although the cover does not carry the logo, this issue is part of the "One Year Later" mini-event.
- Lord Kal-El is revealed to be Ultraman in this issue.
- The true nature behind Supergirl's memories of her father and Argo City are later revealed to be the effects of prolonged exposure to Green Kryptonite radiation, which her body absorbed during her journey to Earth. 
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Supergirl Vol 5 8 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Supergirl series
Links and References
- Supergirl article at Wikipedia
- Supergirl (Volume 5) series index at DCU Guide
- Supergirl (Volume 5) series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Supergirl (Volume 5) series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
The events from this issue take place one year after the events of the 2006 limited series Infinite Crisis. This template will categorize articles that include it into Category: 1 Year Later Crossover.