"The Beast In The Block": Dr. Veritas' staff are examining Lobo's corpse. Meanwhile, Kara is real upset and distressed because she didn't want to kill him. But when he kicked her in the face, everything went red and she punched him hard.
- He... He kicked me in the face and... eveything went red, and... It was like... everything I've been through lately... all that pain and loneliness and anger... All of it was in that punch I threw--! But I swear I wasn't trying to kill him. I just... I don't even know... I don't even know my own strength!
- -- Supergirl
Appearing in "The Beast In The Block"
- Dr. Kanavan (First appearance; dies)
- Dr. Finkel (First appearance; dies)
- Superman (Mentioned only)
Synopsis for "The Beast In The Block"
Dr. Veritas' staff are examining Lobo's corpse. Meanwhile, Kara is real upset and distressed because she didn't want to kill him. But when he kicked her in the face, everything went red and she punched him hard.
Kara and Dr. Shay have a heart-to-heart talk. Shay tells Kara she shouldn't feel guilty for accidentally killing Lobo, a renowned mass-murderer and hitman, and it's understandable she didn't realize how hard she hit him given the way her powers levels have been fluctuating lately. Then Shay explains why she can never get out of The Block: due to a dimensional portal experiment, the entire facility was sucked in a maelstrom. Superman saved them, but the price was high: the whole staff's ended up with Veritas' genetic code, and The Block is permanently stuck near Earth's core. And due to a time-space anomaly, they cannot leave.
Back in the med-lab, Lobo reveals he was merely playing possum before murdering the pair of doctors examining him. Kara and Shay keep talking. Shay thinks Kara needs some normalcy in her life, including someone to talk to. However, Kara feels she cannot connect with her cousin, and she thinks she's ruined her relationship with her only friend. Shay suggests they can become friends if Kara gives her the chance.
All of sudden, they're attacked by Lobo. He overloads Supergirl's brain with an ultrasonic device, and chases after Veritas. As she runs away, Dr. Veritas starts up a device called "fusion orb" before Lobo catches up with her. Lobo isn't pleased with being attacked when he only came there looking for information, but Shay replies she didn't set off the fusion orb to hurt him... but because it emits yellow sunlight.
A wall explodes and Supergirl steps into the chamber, healed and fully powered by the artificial sun, and very, very mad. Previously she "killed" Lobo by accident. Now? Now she's decided he's got it coming.
- This book was first published on January 22, 2014.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Supergirl Vol 6 27 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Supergirl series
- Images from Supergirl Vol 6 27