- A thousand years from now, teenagers from vastly different worlds, all with different abilities, are inspired by ancient legends to create a "super-hero team." As the Legion of Super-Heroes, they represent the single most fervent hope and dream of underagers galaxywide: A chance to show the adults who's boss.
- -- Narrator
Appearing in "The Quest for Cosmic Boy: Epilogue"
- Atom Girl (Cameo) (Flashback and main story)
- Brainiac 5 (Flashback and main story)
- Chameleon (Cameo)
- Cosmic Boy (Flashback only)
- E.R.G.-1 (Flashback only)
- Lightning Lad (Flashback and main story)
- Phantom Girl (Cameo)
- Saturn Girl
- Shadow Lass (Cameo) (Flashback and main story)
- Star Boy
- Sun Boy (Cameo)
- Timber Wolf (Flashback only)
- Ultra Boy (Cameo)
- Wanderers (Cameo)
- Marvel Family (Cameo)
- Legion Flight Rings
Synopsis for "The Quest for Cosmic Boy: Epilogue"
The story begins with the battle between Supergirl, Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad and Sev Tcheru. As they go through the roof, Supergirl sees an updated version of Brainiac 5's Chronexus, and as she used her telescopic vision on it, she saw the events of World War III. She is told that this Chronexus now can send a person through time, but only once and for one person. She is then convinced by Sev Tcheru (who originally just pretended to be a would-be conqueror) and Saturn Girl that she needs to go home to her native era. Right before she leaves, Sev wipes out Kara's memories of the Legion as future history is dangerous. Some time later, At Metropolis Convention Center (temporary Legion headquarters), Saturn Girl confronts Brainiac 5 about the recent events, and reveales that he actually is asleep. Saturn Girl then meets Dream Girl, who was believed to be dead. Both Saturn Girl and Dream Girl force Brainiac 5 to admit that he had no idea where Cosmic Boy is, and that the search missions were because of other reasons. At the search mission on Winath, Brainy had planted false evidence to clear Cosmic Boy's name (as he was accused of war crimes, see Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes #30) and made Mekt Ranzz of the Wanderers look guilty, as Brainy had calculated 87% risk of having the Wanderers take over the Legion from within, and the Legion also became allied with Tenzil Kem on that mission. The search mission on Lallor had ended with preventing Lallor from collapsing into chaos from civil wars, and also helped Drake Burroughs, aka E.R.G.-1. The mission in the Gobi Rainforest, had also helped Supergirl return home (as revealed earlier).
When Supergirl had returned home, Lightning Lad officially became the new Legion leader.
- As Supergirl leaves in this issue, the series is renamed as "The Legion of Super-Heroes".
- On 2 panels, Saturn Girl is shown talking, despite her being mute, as she usually "talks" through telepathy. However, this may be explained through she speaks only when she's in Brainiac 5's dream, where she might be able to manipulate the surroundings if she'd want to.
- This is the last part of The Quest for Cosmic Boy, though Cosmic Boy is never found.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes Vol 1 36 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes series
- Images from Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes Vol 1 36