"With a Vengeance! Part Four: Smoke and Mirrors": Batzarro and Bizarro both on alternate worlds, struggle to understand what's going on. Batzarro, on Earth-30, tries to make Superman understand what's happened, but he only gets more
Appearing in "With a Vengeance! Part Four: Smoke and Mirrors"
- Batman (Earth-12)
- Bruce Wayne (Earth-12) (Voice Only)
- Batwoman (Earth-11) (First appearance)
- Superman (Earth-30)
- Superwoman (Earth-11) (First appearance)
- Big Bard (First appearance)
- Miss Miracle
- The Joker
- Darkseid (Earth-11) (Mentioned only)
- Maximums' reality
Synopsis for "With a Vengeance! Part Four: Smoke and Mirrors"
Batzarro and Bizarro both on alternate worlds, struggle to understand what's going on. Batzarro, on Earth-30, tries to make Superman understand what's happened, but he only gets more annoyed with him, and Bizarro doesn't have much better luck with Batman on Earth-12. In the Maximums' reality, the Kryptonite Man-possessed Batman fights with Superman while the Maximums argue over their fate. Robot realizes that Superman isn't the villain that Bowman has made him out to be, and he helps defeat the Kryptonite Man. Superman uses Robot's exterior armor to encase Kryptonite Man, and force him out of Batman's body. The Maximums arrive, and tell Superman to stand down until they can figure out what's going on. Having escaped the alternate worlds, Bizarro and Batzarro suddenly appear and try to drag their idols to safety, but Viking's axe cuts through Batzarro's chains, dropping him back to earth.
After Boom Tubing back to New Earth, the trio gets separated. Bizarro appears on Paradise Island, and he remembers that Supergirl lives there. Supergirl comes out of the bathroom in a towel, and sees Bizarro. He tries to get her help in fighting the Maximums, but Supergirl, uninterested, punches him out into the sea. Meanwhile, Superman appears on Apokolips, where Metron reminds Superman of his obligation to free Darkseid, who is imprisoned in the Source Wall. Elsewhere, Batman appears in what appears to be Gotham City, but he is confronted by female versions of Superman and himself. Superman meanwhile, realizes that someone has to be controlling all this, and wonders who could be doing this. Elsewhere, The Joker and Mister Mxyzptlk are playing a game, with the heroes as game pieces. Mxy remarks that now that the pieces are all in place, the real game begins.
- This book was first published on September 28, 2005.
- Superman trapped Darkseid in the Source Wall in Superman/Batman #13.
- Darkseid made the deal with Superman in Superman/Batman #16.
- On Earth-11 Darkseid is a woman and called the Black Queen.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Superman/Batman Vol 1 23 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superman/Batman series
- Images from Superman/Batman Vol 1 23
Links and References
- No external links.