- I hate Metropolis. It's an art deco nightmare. All bright lights and rounded corners.
- -- Batman
Appearing in "Super/Bat (Part I)"
- Gotham City police blimp (Cameo)
Synopsis for "Super/Bat (Part I)"
Superman and Batman attend an antiquities gallery at a museum in Metropolis in their civilian identities of Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne. The Silver Banshee arrives and steals a rare ornament known as the Cawdor. This empowers Banshee even more and she delights in the knowledge that her curse will soon be broken. Bruce and Clark switch into their fighting gear, but the Banshee manages to escape. During the fight, Batman is injured by shards of broken glass from one of the display pieces. Superman rushes him to the Batcave, where Alfred stitches up his wounds. As Batman awakens however, he finds that his injuries have completely disappeared.
Superman however, is not experiencing Batman's fortuitousness. For reasons unknown, he has lost the use of his x-ray vision. He suspects that magic may be involved and that it is directly tied to the incident at the museum. He flies back towards Metropolis but as he nears his apartment, his flight gives out, and he crashes down through the ceiling.
Batman meanwhile, goes on patrol with Robin. His senses are highly attuned and he now possesses the ability to see through walls. He raids a building containing a group of thugs and miraculously survives a blast from a rocket launcher fired at point blank range. It becomes obvious to him now that he has somehow acquired Superman's powers. Batman flies to Metropolis and finds Superman, saying "We need to talk".
- This storyline takes place before Final Crisis #7.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Superman/Batman Vol 1 53 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superman/Batman series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Volume )
Links and References
- No external links.