"The Supergirl from Krypton, Part 2 of 6: Visitor": Superman and Batman are in the Fortress of Solitude examining the spaceship that brought Superman's cousin Kara Zor-El to Earth. Batman queries Superman on a line of the plaque on it. Superman confirms that it is treasure, not terror or tro
Appearing in "The Supergirl from Krypton, Part 2 of 6: Visitor"
- Granny Goodness
- Female Furies
- Precious (Only appearance; dies)
- Krypton (Flashback only) (Destroyed)
Synopsis for "The Supergirl from Krypton, Part 2 of 6: Visitor"
Superman and Batman are in the Fortress of Solitude examining the spaceship that brought Superman's cousin Kara Zor-El to Earth. Batman queries Superman on a line of the plaque on it. Superman confirms that it is treasure, not terror or trouble, that Kara would be for the planet. They also discover that it has a kind of solar light generators that bathe the occupant in sunlight.
Kara bursts through the door, chased by Krypto. Superman calls him off, and Batman sends Kara out, while trying to convince Superman that he fears that she may not be who she says she is, and asks if he finds it suspicious that the dog hates her. Superman says no, because the dog hates everyone. Later, Batman confronts Kara. She tries to convince him that she's who she claims to be, but Batman explains that he doesn't trust her because she desperately wants him to. Superman turns up and tells his cousin has been through enough, and he's taking her out, whether Batman likes or not.
On Apokolips, a girl called Precious challenges the Female Furies. They defeat her, and Darkseid commands Granny Goodness to get him a suitable replacement for Big Barda. He demands the girl who fell on Earth.
In Metropolis, Clark shows Kara around while Bruce tails them from the shadows. They go to the Superman Memorial. Kara realises that the reason Clark's simple disguise works is because Earth people think of Superman as someone bigger than them.
All of sudden, they are attacked. Kara tries to fly away, but a golden rope wraps around her ankle and pulls her back. Clark changes to Superman and races to her rescue, but Harbinger appears and restrains him. An archer shoots at Batman and he throws a batarang, breaking her bow. Superman throws off Harbinger as Batman confronts the archer: Amazon warrior Artemis. She knocks him down and prepares to stab him, but he drops her with a dart. Meanwhile, Kara is pulled in by her assailant: Wonder Woman.
- This book was first published on April 21, 2004.
- No special notes.
- Supergirl's origin recounted in this issue was retconned twice until Geoff Johns and Sterling Gates established her definitive Post-Crisis origin.-
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Superman/Batman Vol 1 9 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superman/Batman series
- Images from Superman/Batman Vol 1 9
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Action Comics (Volume 2)
- Adventures of Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 2)
- Superman (Volume 3)
- Superman (Volume 4)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- Superman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Superman: Man of Steel (Volume 1)
- Superman: Man of Tomorrow (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns