Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
""Cutting Edge!"": A spaceship carrying a race of alien Parasites crash lands outside of Metropolis, and the six of them argue about how they should interact with the Earth, where they intend on feeding on the 'juices' of Earthlings. They attack and eat a Biker Gang, and
Appearing in "Cutting Edge!"
- Petey O'Brien
- Katie O'Brien
- Firecracker (Single appearance)
- Grub (Single appearance)
- Mitts (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Cutting Edge!"
A spaceship carrying a race of alien Parasites crash lands outside of Metropolis, and the six of them argue about how they should interact with the Earth, where they intend on feeding on the 'juices' of Earthlings. They attack and eat a Biker Gang, and then one of the six, Gemir, heads off to Metropolis to seek prey while the others disperse.
While Gemir is feeding on the derelict of Metropolis, she comes upon Tom O'Brien, a friend of John Henry Irons and an active member of the community fighting against gang influence on children, and feeds on his spinal fluids like the others. When Tom wakes up, with amnesia, he finds himself in a pile of dead bodies, and covered in razor-sharp blades all over himself, sprouting out of his skin; having gained special powers when the feeding Alien activated his dormant metagene.
At first, Tom believes himself responsible for the pile of dead bodies, but is quickly brought to his senses by Steel (his friend John Henry in disguise), who encourages him to call his mother before the two go off to fight Gemir. Although Steel had failed in a previous fight against the alien, their combined might is enough to drive her away from the city in pain, and save Tom's younger brother Petey, though at first Tom doesn't remember him. For the creases all over his knife-embedded body, Petey decides to dub Tom "Edge" as his new superhero name.
- Each of the Bloodlines annuals for 1993 introduces a new super-hero character. This issue intrduces the character "Edge". Edge appears next in Eclipso Annual #1.
- The Bloodlines Parasites appeared last in Lobo Annual #1, where Lobo damages their ship with a large bomb, leading to their crash-landing on Earth in this issue.
- Superman does not appear in this issue. At the time of publication, Superman was still considered dead as a result of his crippling fight with Doomsday in Superman (Volume 2) #75, during the events of "The Death of Superman". This issue takes place during the "Reign of the Supermen!" era.
- Steel appeared last in Superman: Man of Steel #22. He appears next in Superman: Man of Steel #23.
- Rosie appeared last in Superman: Man of Steel #22.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Superman: Man of Steel Annual Vol 1 2 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superman: Man of Steel Annual series
- Images from Superman: Man of Steel Annual Vol 1 2
- Action Comics
- Adventures of Superman
- Steel (Volume 2)
- Superman (Volume 2)
- Superman: Man of Steel
- Superman: Man of Tomorrow
- Bloodlines Spin-offs
Links and References
- Bloodlines (comics) at Wikipedia.org
- Unofficial Bloodlines Biography at Vanishing Point
- Bloodlines at dcindexes.com
- Superman: Man of Steel comic series at Wikipedia
- Superman: Man of Steel series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Superman: Man of Steel series index at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Steel article at Wikipedia
- Steel article at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Steel chronology index at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Superman: Man of Steel Annual at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
|Bloodlines Crossover |
The events from this issue are related to Bloodlines, during which an alien race of Parasites invaded Earth and inadvertently activated the metagene in a number of individuals, creating many "New Blood" superheroes in their attempts to feed on human spinal fluid. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Bloodlines Crossovers category.