"Panic in the Sky! Fifth Strike: Tidal Wave": Panic in the Sky: Having commandeered Brainiac's head ship, the free heroes of Earth rebel and attack Warworld. There are still dozens of heroes however who are still under Brainiac's
Appearing in "Panic in the Sky! Fifth Strike: Tidal Wave"
- Agent Liberty
- Blue Beetle
- Booster Gold
- Captain Marvel
- Doctor Fate
- Elongated Man
- Guy Gardner
- Infinity Man
- Rocket Red
- Rose & Thorn
- Wonder Woman
- Metal Men
- The Overseer
- Mobius Chair
- Anti-Matter Engine (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Panic in the Sky! Fifth Strike: Tidal Wave"
Panic in the Sky: Having commandeered Brainiac's head ship, the free heroes of Earth rebel and attack Warworld. There are still dozens of heroes however who are still under Brainiac's mental domination. They all turn their attention on Superman and attack him en masse.
Brainiac, seeing that the heroes may gain a foothold, activates an Anti-Matter Doomsday weapon to wipe them all out. Draaga uses his own body to barricade the weapon's aperture, thus sacrificing himself to save the others. Superman instructs Kilowog and Guy Gardner to blast a hole through Warworld so they can dispel the weapon as far away as possible. In honor of Draaga's memory, Supergirl decides to assume his form.
Maxima meanwhile, realizes that the only reason she has been serving Brainiac is because he threatened her home world of Almerac. There's no guarantee however that Brainiac won't destroy Alermac anyway and she turns against him and sides with the heroes.
- This issue is a "Panic in the Sky" crossover.
- This issue is triangle number 13/1992.
- This issue is reprinted in the Superman: Panic in the Sky! trade paperback.
- The cover to this issue is an homage to the original cover to Crisis on Infinite Earths #7 by George Pérez.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Superman: Man of Steel Vol 1 10 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superman: Man of Steel series
Links and References
Panic in the Sky!" storyline that ran through alternating Superman titles in 1992. "Panic in the Sky!" involved the return of Brainiac who seized control of Warworld and used it to take punitive action against the planet Earth.
Action Comics #675