"New Krypton Part I of X": Funeral services are held for Jonathan Kent who suffered a massive heart attack during Brainiac's recent attack against Earth. After the service, Clark Kent returns home to spend some quality time with his mother, Martha.
- The unit's sole aim is Superman. And I don't think they just want to defeat him either -- I think they want him dead.
- -- Jimmy Olsen
Appearing in "New Krypton Part I of X"
- North Pole
- Stryker's Island Penitentiary
- Washington, D.C.
Synopsis for "New Krypton Part I of X"
Funeral services are held for Jonathan Kent who suffered a massive heart attack during Brainiac's recent attack against Earth. After the service, Clark Kent returns home to spend some quality time with his mother, Martha.
Meanwhile, a military commander speaks with Agent Assassin inside a secret bunker concerning the recovered lost Kryptonian city Kandor, which now exists on Earth in the location of Superman's former Fortress of Solitude. The military is greatly concerned about a potential shifting of the balance of power now that there are so many Kryptonians on Earth. They have also recovered the captured Brainiac whom they are holding for study. Brainiac breaks free however, and begins attacking the scientists at the laboratory.
Superman flies to New Kandor and reunites with his aunt and uncle, Allura In-Ze and Zor-El. They are grateful to Superman for rescuing them from Brainiac's ship. Superman wants to help them assimilate into Earth society, but the Kryptonians are reluctant to embrace any great social change that would force them to act "less Kryptonian". A look of concern crosses Superman's face, and realizes that this may present a challenge in the future. To lighten the mood, reunites Allura and Zor-El with their daughter Kara, aka, Supergirl.
Later in Washington, D.C. Lois Lane visits the grave of her father Sam Lane, who heroically gave his life during the "Our Worlds at War" affair. Her sister Lucy arrives and the two have an awkward conversation.
Back in New Krypton, the Kryptonians are already beginning to absorb the sun's solar rays and develop super-powers.
Lois Lane returns to the Daily Planet in Metropolis and has a conversation with Jimmy Olsen. Jimmy tells Lois about his recent discovery of a military annex amassing resources specifically for taking out Superman.
- This issue shipped on October 22nd, 2008.
- This issue includes the "Sightings" banner.
- The events from this issue take place immediately following the events from Action Comics #870.
- It was believed that Sam Lane died during the events of "Our Worlds at War", when he blew up his own tank to prevent an Imperiex Probe from reaching the President.
- Some of the Kryptonians featured in this issue are dressed in outfits commonly seen during the Post-Crisis revisionist history, but is generally considered "non-canon" by modern standards of continuity.
- Story continues in Superman #681
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Superman: New Krypton Special Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Images from Superman: New Krypton Special Vol 1 1
Links and References
- Superman (Volume 1) series index at DC Indexes
- Superman (Volume 1) series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Superman (Volume 1) series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
New Krypton Crossover