"The Long Run": Jonathan Kent recalls an incident when Clark was ten-years-old and a solar eclipse caused his innate Kryptonian powers to briefly manifest before they should have. Clark ran from Smallville to Chicago in under an hour and found himself embroiled
- Before he knew his strength... before those terrible battles in the sky... before he became the protector of a world... before anyone knew the name Superman... he was just our son Clark. A ten-year-old boy, running across the Kansas plains.
Appearing in "The Long Run"
- Superman (Flashback and main story)
- Jonathan Kent (Flashback and main story)
- Lois Lane
- Martha Kent (Flashback and main story)
- Perry White (Behind the scenes)
- John "Fido" Pollock
- Jake (Only appearance; dies)
- Trans-Locational Portal
Synopsis for "The Long Run"
Jonathan Kent recalls an incident when Clark was ten-years-old and a solar eclipse caused his innate Kryptonian powers to briefly manifest before they should have. Clark ran from Smallville to Chicago in under an hour and found himself embroiled in a brewing conflict between two rival members.
In the present, Superman is suffering from a laboratory experiment malfunction in which his head has been displaced through a dimensional portal. A former scientist named John "Fido" Pollock has the head and plans on using it as leverage in order to gain favor with Lex Luthor.
Fido and his cronies bring Superman's head to Luthor's office and offers him a demonstration of his Trans-Locational Portal gloves. Luthor is unimpressed until Pollock also reveals that he has another invention that can alter the size ratio of volumes of matter and threatens to use this technology to destroy Metropolis. A fire fight breaks out between Fido's thugs and Luthors' security team. A pile of debris falls through the spatial portal and giant-sized coins, paperclips and batteries begin raining down on Metropolis. Luthor frees Superman so that he can save the city.
- This book was first published on December 2, 2004.
- Superman: Strength is a three-issue limited series published under DC's prestige format.
- 48 pages; $5.95 cover price.
- Includes a flashback to Superman (Volume 2) #75.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Superman: Strength Vol 1 2 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superman: Strength series
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Action Comics (Volume 2)
- Adventures of Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 2)
- Superman (Volume 3)
- Superman (Volume 4)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- Superman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Superman: Man of Steel (Volume 1)
- Superman: Man of Tomorrow (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
- No external links.