Appearing in "The Day That Superman Married"
- Coup Colby (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "The Day That Superman Married"
Not long after, a criminal by the name of Coup Colby abducts Joyce White. Superman attempts to rescue her, but Coup's men shoot Joyce, killing her. It is soon revealed that the woman Superman married was actually a robot, designed to look like the real Joyce White. Superman’s marriage to Joyce was a scam, designed to bring Coup Colby out of hiding.
Appearing in "The Super-Feats Superman Forgot"
- Al Jones (Single appearance)
- Bobby Forbes (Single appearance)
- Al Jones's future-revealing television set
Synopsis for "The Super-Feats Superman Forgot"
Perry White holds a contest for anyone who can provide the Daily Planet with the best photographs of Superman in action. Clark Kent is selected to judge the contest, but he becomes concerned when he sees two Superman photographs that he cannot account for.
Investigating the strange photographs as Superman, Clark discovers that a stage magician named Al Jones submitted the pictures. Al's television set possesses the ability to produce images of the future, and Al used one for the contest. Superman uses his powers to reverse the television's properties, returning it to normal. A young crippled boy named Bobby Forbes witnesses the spectacle and snaps a picture. Bobby submits the picture to the Daily Planet and wins the contest.
Appearing in "The Human Missile"
- Gadget Grim (Single appearance)
- Grim's super magnet
Synopsis for "The Human Missile"
A criminal known as Gadget Grim invents a super-magnet, which he uses to aid him in his various schemes. The magnet is specifically designed to home in on Superman's costume. Gadget and his cohorts use the magnet to turn Superman into a human missile, guiding his body into bank vaults and prisons. Superman eventually discovers the means through which the villains are controlling his body and disables the magnet.
- Superman appeared last in Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen #27. He appears next in World's Finest Comics #93.
- Jimmy Olsen appeared last in Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen #27. He appears next in Action Comics #238.
- Perry White appeared last in Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen #27. He appears next in Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen #28.
- The character of Al Jones from the "The Super-Feats Superman Forgot" is actually his stage name. His real name is Al Singh.
- Lois Lane and Perry White make cameo appearances only in "The Human Missile".
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Superman Vol 1 120 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superman series
Links and References
- Superman article at Wikipedia
- Superman article at Supermanica
- Superman (Volume 1) series index at DC Indexes
- Superman (Volume 1) series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Superman (Volume 1) series index at the Grand Comics Database Project