Appearing in "The Showdown Between Luthor and Superman!"
Synopsis for "The Showdown Between Luthor and Superman!"
Superman accepts the challenge of Lex Luthor to meet and fight on equal terms on a planet with higher gravity under a red sun. Though he takes some punishment due to his tendency to pull a punch, Superman eventually knocks out Luthor. Later, however, he must deal with the problem of the planet’s populace, who have been helped by Luthor and regard him as a hero.
Appearing in "The Fugitive From the Phantom Zone!"
- Appearances not yet listed
Synopsis for "The Fugitive From the Phantom Zone!"
Ras-Krom, a Phantom Zone villain, is freed by the force of an atomic test blast on Earth, but Superman uses Kryptonian superstition against him to put him back in the Zone.
- The Showdown Between Luthor and Superman! was reprinted in Superman #239, Superman: From the '30s to the '80s, The Greatest Superman Stories Ever Told, Volume One and Superman in the Sixties.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Superman Vol 1 164 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superman series
Links and References
This comic page is missing characters!
This comic page is missing one or more character appearances. If you find any characters that appear in this issue but are not included on the page, please add them to the Appearances list of the comic issue template.