- This time I'm going to get rid of my nemesis once and for all... I'm going to destroy Superman.
- -- Lex Luthor
Appearing in "The Deadly Duo!"
Synopsis for "The Deadly Duo!"
Lex Luthor escapes from jail, learns Brainiac’s secret origin--that he is a humanoid computer, created by the now-destroyed computer tyrants of Yod--and frees Brainiac from the planet on which Superman had imprisoned him. Together they shrink and defeat Superman, but the Supermen Emergency Squad capture both of them, shrink them, and put them on trial in Kandor. But Superman is in a coma, and Brainiac buys both himself and Luthor their freedom by bringing him out of it. Superman enlarges himself, Luthor, and Brainiac, and sets the latter two free according to the agreement. Brainiac removes Luthor’s knowledge of his computer nature and takes him back to Lexor, where Luthor is embraced by Tharla, a woman who has come to love him.
- The Deadly Duo is reprinted in Superman: The Greatest Stories Ever Told, Volume Two.
- Brainiac 2 is introduced in this issue, although he barely appears for a panel. He won't be seen again for many years until Invasion! #1 where the character is revamped by Keith Giffen and Todd McFarlane as an adult, a ruthless intellectual who will go on to form the intergalactic police force L.E.G.I.O.N.. He will grow up to be a hero, unlike his predecessor.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Superman Vol 1 167 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superman series
- Images from Superman Vol 1 167
Links and References
- Read "The Team of Luthor and Brainiac!" online
- Superman at Wikipedia.org
- Superman at DC Comics
- Superman Wiki
- Supermanica Homepage
- Superman Homepage
- Superman at TV Tropes