"The Two Ghosts of Superman!": Clark Kent is approached by ex-con Flashy Fisher with an offer for Superman to recover the missing treasure of Captain Kidd. Superman recovers the treasure as gives his share to charity. Fisher claims his inform
Appearing in "The Two Ghosts of Superman!"
- The Spirit Gang (Single appearance)
- Sir Seer
- "Flashy" Fisher
- "Duke" Cooper
- Several other unnamed members
- Sunken treasure chest
- Hidden bags of gold dust
- Sir Seer's crystal ball
- Old coins
- Various faked ghosts
Synopsis for "The Two Ghosts of Superman!"
Clark Kent is approached by ex-con Flashy Fisher with an offer for Superman to recover the missing treasure of Captain Kidd. Superman recovers the treasure as gives his share to charity. Fisher claims his information came from a ghost. Superman follows up on Fisher's claim, which he traces back to Sir Seer, a spirit medium. Superman witnesses another such prediction of treasure and recovers a cache of gold which he again donates to charity.
Superman endorses Sir Seer, and the media is invited to the next séance. The ghost of Queen Isabella locates treasure in the Batcave which Superman recovers. Next Jor-El appears and predicts doom for Superman. Her prediction then appears to come true. Superman's Fortress of Solitude is apparently destroyed along with the Man of Steel, Clark Kent, and Supergirl inside.
With Superman believed dead, crooks begin a crime wave in Metropolis. Superman then appears and captures them along with Sir Seer. He then explains that he discovered the medium had faked the predictions of the first two ghosts. Superman then created his own fake ghosts, Isabella and Jor-El, to trick Sir Seer and his gang into the open. With enough evidence, Superman is able to send the gang to prison.
Appearing in "Clark Kent, Gangster!"
- Larceny Associated (Single appearance)
- "Kid" Spade
- Mr. Kreep
- Nitro Nick
- "Pills" Paley
- Metropolis Police Department
- Pete the Penman (Single appearance)
- Abraham Lincoln (Mentioned only)
- Batman (Mentioned only)
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (Mentioned only)
- Jimmy Olsen Fan Club (Mentioned only)
- Counterfeit plates & bills
- Forged police badges
- Metro News helicopter
- Submersible vessel used by crooks
Synopsis for "Clark Kent, Gangster!"
When a newspaper strike shuts down the Daily Planet, Clark Kent sets out to create a new secret identity. When a car crash lands forger Pete the Penman in a coma, Superman assumes his identity. Superman then contacts the mob of Pills Paley and joins their gang. Operating inside the gang, Superman is able to get tips on the latest crimes and stop them. However, Superman is forced to expose his own secret to protect the Declaration of Independence. He apprehends the gang, then gives up his Pete the Penman identity. When the strike ends, Superman returns to the Daily Planet as Clark Kent.
- This book was first published on March 17, 1966.
- "Clark Kent, Gangster" was reprinted in Superman Family #165.
- In "The Two Ghosts of Superman", it is mentioned that Perry White is still a United States senator, so it must take place prior to the second story of Superman's Girlfriend, Lois Lane #64.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Superman Vol 1 186 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superman series
Links and References
- No external links.