Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Superman Breaks Loose": Superman helps out with an experiment involving Green Kryptonite as an alternative power source when the experiment goes haywire, the energy harnessing machine about to explode. Superman tries to contain the explosion, but fails, being knocked
- Either you haven't seen a paper or you can't read!
- -- Superman upon eating a piece of Kryptonite.
Appearing in "Superman Breaks Loose"
- Sand Superman (First appearance)
- Three criminals who try to steal transcontinental mail-rocket (Single appearance)
- Professor Bolden and his colleagues
- a desert in the western United States
- Transcontinental mail-rocket
- Two charter airplanes
Synopsis for "Superman Breaks Loose"
Superman helps out with an experiment involving Green Kryptonite as an alternative power source when the experiment goes haywire, the energy harnessing machine about to explode. Superman tries to contain the explosion, but fails, being knocked out by the force of the blast and by exposure to the Green Kryptonite. Strangely, the explosion also causes all forms of Kryptonite on Earth to transform into harmless iron, which in turn is interpreted as Superman now being totally invulnerable.
Clark Kent is now hired on by Morgan Edge as a television reporter for WGBS, and his first assignment is to cover an experimental mailing rocket that will travel from Metropolis to Los Angeles. When Clark spots some would-be saboteurs who want the rocket for their own purposes, he goes into action as Superman and tries to stop them. However, he begins to notice that his heat vision powers no longer work, as well as a temporary drain on his physical strength powers. As he returns to Metropolis fulfilling his job reporting the rocket launch, a figure resembling Superman made of sand emerges from where he had been laid following the Kryptonite energy machine explosion and starts wandering about.
Appearing in "Jor-El's Golden Folly"
- Kryptonopolis Space Center
- Golden Spaceship
Synopsis for "Jor-El's Golden Folly"
After graduating from the Memory Center, Jor-El is assigned to the Kryptonopolis Space-Complex, at which he creates an anti-gravity drive and uses it to power a spaceship constructed of gold. But Lara Lor-Van, an astronaut, stows away and causes it to crash on Wegthor, one of Krypton's moons. Jor-El stows away on another rocket three days later, and rescues her.
- Superman Breaks Loose is reprinted in Superman: From the 30's to the 70's, Superman: From the 30's to the 80's, Superman: The Greatest Stories Ever Told Vol. 2 and Superman: The World of Krypton.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Superman Vol 1 233 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superman series