"New Krypton (Part II of X)": News of the newly arrived Kryptonian culture reaches around the globe and journalists scurry to get the most recent updates on an event that is sure to change the very face of the planet. The Daily Planet staff is likewise caught in a frenetic pace, and [[Perry
- Twenty-seven of your race almost destroyed Metropolis not long ago. Imagine what a hundred thousand of you could do.
Appearing in "New Krypton (Part II of X)"
- Green Lantern (Alan Scott)
- Green Lantern (John Stewart)
- Mister Terrific
- Wonder Woman
- President Jonathan Horne
- Washington, D.C.
- North Pole
Synopsis for "New Krypton (Part II of X)"
News of the newly arrived Kryptonian culture reaches around the globe and journalists scurry to get the most recent updates on an event that is sure to change the very face of the planet. The Daily Planet staff is likewise caught in a frenetic pace, and Perry White begins barking orders to everyone. Lois makes excuses for Clark's absence as he is still morning the passing of his father.
Superman meanwhile, flies towards the North Pole, the current location of "New Krypton". En route, he encounters Alan Scott, John Stewart, Hawkgirl, Mister Terrific and Wonder Woman. The heroes are very concerned about recent developments, but Clark assures them that this is a good thing, and that he has everything under control. Mister Terrific reminds him of the trouble that arose the last time a large group of Kryptonians arrived on Earth.
Superman reaches New Krypton and speaks with his cousin Kara, who recently reunited with her parents Alura In-Ze and Zor-El. She is also reunited with her childhood friend Thara Ak-Var. Superman tells them about a special delegation he has arranged in Washington, D.C. so that the Kryptonians can meet the President.
In Washington, Lois Lane meets with Agent Liberty. Liberty has been put back in harness and assigned to watch over the Kryptonian delegation. Moments later, Superman and a throng of Kryptonians arrive in the city. The President greets them and welcomes them to Earth. Suddenly, a blazing ball of fire rains down out of the sky and smashed through a building. Emerging from the smoke and wreckage is Doomsday.
- This issue is Chapter two of the "Superman: New Krypton" storyline.
- Jonathan Kent died of a heart attack in Action Comics #871. Funeral services were held for him in Superman: New Krypton Special #1.
- The twenty-seven violent Kryptonians that Mister Terrific alludes to is a reference to the Phantom Zone escapees who invaded Metropolis in Action Comics #845-846, 851 and Action Comics Annual #10-11.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Superman Vol 1 681 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superman series
- Images from Superman Vol 1 681
Links and References
New Krypton Crossover