"Power and Weakness": While Superman leaves the planet Earth to take care of business on New Krypton, he leaves Mon-El in charge of protecting Metropolis. Mon-El has taken-up the secret identity of “Jonathan Kent”
Appearing in "Power and Weakness"
Synopsis for "Power and Weakness"
While Superman leaves the planet Earth to take care of business on New Krypton, he leaves Mon-El in charge of protecting Metropolis. Mon-El has taken-up the secret identity of “Jonathan Kent” and has joined the Science Police. Guardian and the Science Police battle against Shrapnel. Mon-El feigns unconsciousness as Jonathan Kent, and appears as Mon-El – ready to battle Shrapnel one-on-one! After taking care of Shrapnel, Mon-El asks Guardian how he did. Guardian expresses concern about Mon-El’s secret identity and it being revealed if he continues switching back and forth between Jonathan Kent, Science Police, and Mon-El, Super-Hero, during battles.
Meanwhile, several villains are contemplating heists in Metropolis since Superman is gone. Fortunately, Black Lightning and John Henry Irons seem to be planning counter-measures to this anticipated surge of crime. Jimmy Olsen visits Zatara to ask him questions about suspected magic in a recent fight that Superman, Supergirl, and Krypto had against Atlas.
Guardian calls together Science Police Officers Foster, Jamie Billi Harper, Romundi, Sanderson, Wilcox, and Jonathan Kent for a dangerous, volunteer-only mission to rescue an old friend. But the next day, after capturing Plastique, Mon-El abruptly learns that his powers are gone!
- Issue shipped on April 29, 2009.
- Issue is navigation number 23/2009.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Superman Vol 1 687 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superman series
Links and References
- Superman article at Wikipedia
- Superman article at Supermanica
- Superman (Volume 1) series index at DC Indexes
- Superman (Volume 1) series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Superman (Volume 1) series index at the Grand Comics Database Project