"Grounded: Part Eight": Superman saves Helen Phelps, an archeologist, from being hit by a truck in Ogden, Utah. He takes her to her trailer near Mt. Krowak. There, she and her crew had begun a dig on the mountain to find artifacts left by a civilization that established it
- Sometimes the old ideas still work. And remember, I've got the shadows covered, Smallville... We need you out in the light.
- -- Batman
Appearing in "Grounded: Part Eight"
- Superman (Flashback and main story)
- Batman (Flashback and main story)
- Terri Chung (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "Grounded: Part Eight"
Superman saves Helen Phelps, an archeologist, from being hit by a truck in Ogden, Utah. He takes her to her trailer near Mt. Krowak. There, she and her crew had begun a dig on the mountain to find artifacts left by a civilization that established itself in the mountain before Paleo-Indians had. However, their research is being hampered by Centum Industries, a company that recently bought the montain, wanting to use it as a radioactive waste site. Suddenly, Superman sees an S-signal in the sky, only visible to those who can see the ultraviolet end of the spectrum.
Superman flies to the source of the signal and finds Batman, who says that they haven't had the chance to talk after his return. They remember the time when they met in Bhutran. There, Clark and Bruce met with Terri, Clark's friend. After her father's death, Terri had become the new Rhana Bhutran. She had asked for Clark and Bruce's help to defend Bhutran from a group of Chinese soldiers led by Vandal Savage.
Vandal Savage had recieved information from Hassan-I-Sabbah, another immortal. Vandal believed that the inhabitants of Bhutran knew the location of Nanda Parbat, and he also believed that the monks of Rama Kushna could cure him from his cancer. To stop Vandal, Clark used rocks to block the pathway to Bhutran while Bruce used hypersonic speakers to summon a group of bats and attack the soldiers. After defeating the soldiers, Clark and Bruce expressed hope in working together again.
Superman and Batman then discuss about Superman's recent emotional crisis. Batman believes that Superman can get past his doubts. Also, Batman says that he just bought Mt. Krowak, allowing Dr. Phelps and her crew to continue their research. Superman compliments Batman for creating Batman Incorporated, and Batman replies that Superman can also create his own squad of supermen. Batman then says that he will work in the shadows while Superman works in the light. The two then part ways.
- This book was first published on April 13, 2011.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Superman Vol 1 710 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superman series
- Images from Superman Vol 1 710
Links and References
- Superman article at Wikipedia
- Superman article at Supermanica
- Superman (Volume 1) series index at DC Indexes
- Superman (Volume 1) series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Superman (Volume 1) series index at the Grand Comics Database Project