- Hammer? You should know better, Lois! I don't need no steenking hammer!
- -- Superman
Appearing in "Peer Pressure part 2: Awards"
- Smallville (flashback only)
- Lexcorp Zenith Award for Journalism
Synopsis for "Peer Pressure part 2: Awards"
Conduit sneaks into a closed down auditorium hall and plants a time bomb. A security guard finds him, but Conduit kills him with his electro-tentacles.
Meanwhile, Lois is helping Clark move back into his old apartment. She comes upon a box of keepsakes, one of which is a photograph of Clark, Lana, and a boy named Kenny Braverman. Clark tells her that in high school, Clark and Kenny rivaled at just about everything. But while Clark was always good-natured about their competition, Kenny always despised being second best. When it came time for the senior prom, Kenny asked Lana Lang to be his date, but Lana turned him down in the hopes that Clark might ask her instead. This rivalry has fueled a lifelong hatred for Clark Kent in Kenny's mind.
After unpacking, Clark and Lois attend the Lexcorp Zenith Awards for Journalism banquet. Clark Kent is given the highly coveted "Baldy" award and begins to make a speech onstage.
Just then, Conduit's bomb explodes and the stage erupts with flames. Clark quickly changes to Superman and then struggles to keep people away from the fire. Conduit’s mercenaries storm the assembly hall and try to take Superman out. Superman stops them, but before he can interrogate them, Conduit activates a remote signal that causes his men to suffer a neural-meltdown. Superman tries to rush them to the hospital, but he is too late to save them.
Returning to his apartment that evening, Clark finds an old photograph of himself pinned to his front door with a knife sticking out of it.
- In October of 1994, all of the existing mainstream DC Comics titles released a special "0" issue to coincide with the Zero Hour crossover event. The purpose of the "0" issue was to reveal a previously unknown aspect of the title character's background. DC Titles under the Vertigo imprint were largely unaffected by Zero Hour and thus, no "0" issue specials were published for them. The "0" issues published for the Superman family of titles revolved around a single story-arc involving a villain known as Conduit.
- Superman navigation number 1994/38.
- Conduit's secret identity is revealed to readers in this issue.
- One of the items found in Clark Kent's apartment is a Captain Action action figure. Captain Action was an articulated action figure produced by Ideal Toys in 1966. The Captain Action doll came equipped with various compatible costumes allowing children the ability to dress him up as various super-heroes, including Superman.
- This comic book contains advertisements for the following products:
- —Virtual Bart - Super NES video game
- —Tradewest NFL Football video game
- —Sunsoft - The Death and Return of Superman video game
- —USA Network - Weird Science television series
- —Rain-Blo bubble gum (featuring Batman and Robin)
- —Bic Wavelengths writing pens
- —Comic Cavalcade comic book back issue catalogue
- Superman (Volume 2) cover art gallery
- Superman image gallery
- Superman appearances list
- Superman quotes page
- John Byrne cover art gallery
- Cat Grant appearances list
- Conduit appearances list
- Jimmy Olsen appearances list
- Lana Lang appearances list
- Lois Lane image gallery
- Lois Lane appearances list
- Perry White appearances list
- Ronald Troupe appearances list
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Superman Vol 2 0 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superman series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Volume )
Links and References
- Superman #0 entry at the Grand Comics Database
- Superman (Volume 2) index at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Zero Hour article at Wikipedia
- Zero Hour Frequently Asked Questions
- Zero Hour series index at the DCU Guide
- Zero Hour series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Zero Hour series index at the Grand Comics Database
Superman: Man of Steel #0: 1994/37
Adventures of Superman #0: 1994/39
|The Conduit Saga|
|Part I:Superman: The Man of Steel #0||Part II:Superman #0||Part III:Adventures of Superman #0||Part IV:Action Comics #0|
|Zero Hour Crossover|
The events from this issue or series are related to Zero Hour: A Crisis in Time!, or its successor event Zero Month. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the Zero Hour category.