"With This Ring": Lois Lane and Clark Kent have just returned from a trip to Krypton, accompanied by a dog who has super-powers like his master and has just broken into the oven and destroyed the dinner Lois has cooked for their parents. Clark is able to create a quick fix for this situation, bu
Appearing in "With This Ring"
Synopsis for "With This Ring"
Lois Lane and Clark Kent have just returned from a trip to Krypton, accompanied by a dog who has super-powers like his master and has just broken into the oven and destroyed the dinner Lois has cooked for their parents. Clark is able to create a quick fix for this situation, but not for the dinner conversation, which prominently features Lex Luthor, the new president. Sam Lane, who is in his cabinet, is a staunch supporter. But Lois and the Kents loathe the man, with reason.
The dinner party is being observed by Batman, who has some news for Superman. The next morning, Perry White announces that the Daily Planet has had a mystery benefactor for some time: Gotham City millionaire Bruce Wayne, who "thought it would be fun" to fund the paper.
Two days later, Lois arrives in Gotham City and attracts Batman's attention with the Bat-signal used by the Police Department. The two of them then plan to steal the Kryptonite ring possessed by Luthor which her father had earlier mentioned at dinner. Lois has her press pass reinstated and fuses the White House's electrics so that Batman can get in unobserved. However, their progress towards the Oval Office is soon blocked...by Superman himself.
- Reprinted in Lois Lane: A Celebration of 75 Years.
- Continued in Detective Comics #756.
- Superman navigation number 2001/18.
- When Batman asks Lois Lane why she didn't contact him directly, he is surprised to realise that she doesn't know his secret identity. After all, he is well aware that she is Superman's wife.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Superman Vol 2 168 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superman series
- Images from Superman Vol 2 168
Links and References
- No external links.