Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"The Last Superman Story": Superman accompanies his alternate self into the future, where they witness a reality forged by the FutureSmiths. This is the natural timeline of Supergirl (Cir-El), who is actually a creation of the FutureSmiths. In this timeline, Lex Luthor is responsible for
- You've killed my best friends... you've killed me... you will kill no more!
- -- Superman
Appearing in "The Last Superman Story"
- John Kent (Flashback only)
- Jor-El (Flashback only)
- Jor-L (Flashback only)
- Lara (Flashback only)
- Lora (Flashback only)
- Martha Kent (Flashback only)
- Mary Kent (Flashback only)
- Brainiac 12 (Single appearance)
- Amazons (FutureSmiths) (First appearance)
- Batman (FutureSmiths) (First appearance)
- Lex Luthor (FutureSmiths) (First appearance)
- Lois Lane (Futuresmiths) (First appearance)
- Supergirl (Cir-El) (Final appearance)
- Superman (FutureSmiths)
- Wonder Woman (FutureSmiths) (First appearance)
- Kryptonian Rocket (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "The Last Superman Story"
Superman accompanies his alternate self into the future, where they witness a reality forged by the FutureSmiths. This is the natural timeline of Supergirl (Cir-El), who is actually a creation of the FutureSmiths. In this timeline, Lex Luthor is responsible for the creation of Brainiac 12 – an upgraded variant of the original Brainiac. Supergirl (Cir-El) sacrifices herself to prevent this timeline from ever occurring. Superman fights with Brainiac and traps him within a fold in time. Now that the reality of the FutureSmiths has been erased, all of the super-hero counterparts to this timeline cease to exist. Superman attempts to return to his own timeline, but finds himself trapped in an alternate reality whereby his birth-parents never rocketed him away from Krypton.
- This book was first published on December 24, 2003.
- This comic is a sixty-four page anniversary issue.
- This issue includes a Supergirls pin-up page by Mike Deodato, Jr.
- This issue includes concept sketches of the new Metropolis, designed by Leinil Francis Yu.
- With the defeat of Brainiac 12, all of the events germane to the 64th century character Brainiac 13 (including the Metropolis B-13 conversion) are reversed.
- The Batman from one-hundred years into the FutureSmiths timeline is dressed in a costume which resembles the outfit worn by Terry McGinnis in the animated series, Batman Beyond.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Superman Vol 2 200 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superman series
- Images from Superman Vol 2 200
Links and References
- Superman article at Wikipedia
- Superman biography page at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Superman article at Supermanica
- Superman article at Toonopedia
- Superman (Volume 2) series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Superman (Volume 2) series index at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe