"Godfall, Part 3 of 6: Goddess": Sergeant Preus, arriving on the scene of where Kal has accidentally killed Kon-Lar with his freeze breath. He regards the death with contempt, because there hasn't been a murder in their city for decades.
Appearing in "Godfall, Part 3 of 6: Goddess"
- Preus (First appearance)
- Jonathan Kent (Flashback only)
- Martha Clark (Flashback only)
- Justice League of America (Flashback only)
- Brainiac 13 (Flashback only)
- Darkseid (Flashback only)
- Doomsday (Flashback only)
- Imperiex (Flashback only)
- Lex Luthor (Flashback only)
- Mister Mxyzptlk (Flashback only)
- Parasite (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "Godfall, Part 3 of 6: Goddess"
Sergeant Preus, arriving on the scene of where Kal has accidentally killed Kon-Lar with his freeze breath. He regards the death with contempt, because there hasn't been a murder in their city for decades. In a restaurant, Lois talks with Perry about Clark showing up. She believes he will return, but her body language, as she takes a large drink of something looking alcoholic, tells us otherwise.
At the Terraforge, the giant planet stabilizer that Jor-El put in place, Lyla takes Kal into a corridor. Kal laments that he will never be safe again, and that he is forever tarnished with murder.
In the bar, the rebels lament that they couldn't kill Kal. One of the leaders says that he knows where Kal is hiding.
In the Terraforge, Kal wishes that the gods would grant him a respite. Lyla says that they can, and she reaches into his head, stunning him.
At a Superman symbol, Sergeant Preus looks up to the monument he's standing before, vowing to avenge the murder in his streets. He's standing before a giant statue of Superman. He vows to save the city, for Kandor.
Lyla has merged with Kal's consciousness, and we see figures from the Superman mythos up until the point at which Superman saved Kandor from Brainiac. At this point, we see him standing before Kandor, and Lyla intimates that life was well with Superman watching over them, meaning Earth, but symbolically showing Kandor.
Then we see images of Superman battling Doomsday, Superman and the JLA, and Superman with the host of creatures he battled, such as Darkseid, Imperiex, the Parasite, Metallo, and Brainiac 13. We then see the image of Superman dead. Through this all, Lyla narrates.
Finally, we see President Luthor, Superman rising from the dead, the marriage, and Lyla further commentates. She talks about how a hundred years passed in Kandor as Superman forgot their plight, she talks about how she needed to know why her God had forgotten his deeds.
She talks about how she pulled the God down and made his body her own. She wells with energy as Kal, now realizing he is Superman, collapses.
Lyla ascends and leaves Kandor, emerging in the Fortress of Solitude prepared to visit a little town called Metropolis.
Appearing in "Lex Luthor: Man of Steel"
Synopsis for "Lex Luthor: Man of Steel"
- Synopsis not yet written.
- This book was first published on February 25, 2004.
- The Godfall storyline continues from Adventures of Superman #625 and then continues in Action Comics #813.
- The second story is a six-page preview for the Lex Luthor: Man of Steel miniseries.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Superman Vol 2 202 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superman series
- Images from Superman Vol 2 202
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Action Comics (Volume 2)
- Adventures of Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 2)
- Superman (Volume 3)
- Superman (Volume 4)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- Superman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Superman: Man of Steel (Volume 1)
- Superman: Man of Tomorrow (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
Adventures of Superman #625
Action Comics #813