"Sacrifice, Part I of IV: Touch": Lois Lane wakes up to find that her husband is missing, and contacts an unknown confidante, expressing concern for Superman's mental state. Meanwhile, Ned, the Robot arrives at the [[Fortress o
- It's about you, "Clark" ... Or should I call you Superman? Even your Lois Lane has trouble deciding which name is most... appropriate...
Superman should be able to protect her...
So. Was it Clark Kent who allowed her to be shot?
- -- Brainiac
Appearing in "Sacrifice, Part I of IV: Touch"
- Black Canary
- The Flash (Wally West)
- Green Lantern (John Stewart)
- Hawkman (Carter Hall)
- The Martian Manhunter
- Lana Lang
- Perry White
Synopsis for "Sacrifice, Part I of IV: Touch"
Lois Lane wakes up to find that her husband is missing, and contacts an unknown confidante, expressing concern for Superman's mental state.
Meanwhile, Ned, the Robot arrives at the Fortress of Solitude in Peru to find a confused and horrified Superman with blood on his hands. He is unable to remember exactly whose blood it is, or how it got there.
In a flashback to one day earlier, Clark Kent is reporting on the damage that he caused to Metropolis while fighting Blackrock. Upon returning to the Daily Planet, he discovers that Lois has been talking with Brainiac behind closed doors. Enraged and believing her in danger, Superman returns to the Fortress to seek out Brainiac, who suddenly commandeers the Fortress' computer systems, including Ned.
Superman traces Brainiac to an undersea base. Superman punches a hole in the wall, causing the base to flood, and hoping that the pressure will destroy his enemy. Unfortunately, Brainiac reveals that he has brought Superman's loved ones Perry, Lois, Lana, and Jimmy with him - and that they would not withstand the pressure. Superman is unable to save them, and they are all crushed to death.
Anguished, Superman savagely beats Brainiac until he suddenly finds himself back in the Fortress just as Ned is arriving. Adding to his confusion, the JLA arrives to detain him, claiming that he has forced them to act.
- This book was first published on July 7, 2005.
- This issue is reprinted in the Superman: Sacrifice trade paperback.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Superman Vol 2 219 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superman series
|Part I: Superman #219||Part II: Action Comics #829||Part III: Adventures of Superman #642||Part IV: Wonder Woman #219|
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Action Comics (Volume 2)
- Adventures of Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- DC Comics Presents (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 2)
- Superman (Volume 3)
- Superman (Volume 4)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- Superman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Superman: Man of Steel (Volume 1)
- Superman: Man of Tomorrow (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References