- Another skirmish in the never-ending battle... another war... another crisis... but so different. So important. If I lose, everything dies.
Appearing in "This is Your Life (Part I of III)"
Synopsis for "This is Your Life (Part I of III)"
Kal-El sees the events of World War II through Kal-L's eyes, and decides to act. He vows to end the war, and heads off to confront Hitler, only to be stopped by the Spear of Destiny. Later, we see him standing in front of a concentration camp, vowing that this will never happen again. Later, we see Kal-El on a date with the Lois Lane of Earth Two, where he says "This is not my life, but if she's here, I can make it mine." Kal-El notes that on Earth-Two, everything is simple. After Lois informs him that the JSA is on the stand in front of H.U.A.C., he confronts them and reveals his identity.
Meanwhile, on Earth-One, Lois Lane stands on the roof of the Daily Planet building. She can see the corona of Earth-Two high in the sky. She whispers words of guidance for Superman, knowing that he cannot hear her. Finally she says, "I love you", as we see different versions of Lois that existed throughout the Multiverse.
- This is the final issue of the series. Adventures of Superman reverts to its original title of Superman with issue 650.
- Superman (Earth-Two) revealing his secret identity before the House of Un-American Activities Committee is a retcon. In the original Paul Levitz treatment in Adventure Comics #466, Superman was never present at the HUAC meetings.
- The headstone of the Golden Age Superman's mother, reads Martha Kent, when it should read Mary Kent.
- The cover to this issue is deliberately designed to appear worn and well-read, as if it were an actual comic book from the Golden Age.
- This issue contains special Lois Lane photo excerpts courtesy of Jeph Loeb, Tim Sale, Dave Stewart and Comicraft.
- Many of the Lois Lane photograph features in this issue reflect events first chronicled in Action Comics #1.
- The following characters make cameo flashback appearances throughout this issue: Batman, Bizarro Lois Lane, Captain Comet, Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner), Hawkgirl (Kendra Saunders), Hawkman (Carter Hall), Jonathan Kent, Lex Luthor, Martha Kent, Maxwell Lord, OMAC, Onimar Synn, Spectre (Entity), Wonder Woman and Zatanna.
- Superman image gallery
- Superman appearances list
- Superman quotes page
- Superman Rogues Gallery
- Adolf Hitler
- Crisis on Infinite Earths
- Infinite Crisis
- Lois Lane appearances list
- Lois Lane (Earth-Two) appearances list
- George Taylor
- Spear of Destiny
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Superman Vol 2 226 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superman series
The events from this issue or series are related to Infinite Crisis, and/or any of its surrounding events, including Villains United, the OMAC Project, Rann-Thanagar War and Day of Vengeance. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the Infinite Crisis crossovers category.
- Action Comics #836
- Superman (Volume 1) #650
- Infinite Crisis #1
- Infinite Crisis #2
- Infinite Crisis #3
- Infinite Crisis #4
- Infinite Crisis #5
- Infinite Crisis #6
- Infinite Crisis #7
Links and References
- Superman article at Wikipedia
- Superman biography page at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Superman article at Supermanica
- Superman article at Toonopedia
- Superman (Volume 2) series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Superman (Volume 2) series index at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe