"Gladiator": Mongul flashes back to when he was a warlord, leading his soldiers in the conquest of another planet.
Appearing in "Gladiator"
Synopsis for "Gladiator"
Mongul flashes back to when he was a warlord, leading his soldiers in the conquest of another planet.
- As Mongul sits on his throne, he watches gleefully as his soldiers slaughter an innocent race on another world, ripe for his rule.
In the present, Superman confronts Mongul in the arena on Warworld, and challenges him. Mongul teleports from his throne down to the arena, where he and Superman battle before the amazed crowd. After a long fight, Mongul pounds Superman unconscious.
Later, Superman wakes up, chained up, only to find that Mongul is preparing to kill Draaga with a blast to the head. Superman breaks out of his bonds, and defeats Mongul in combat. Before Mongul can blast Superman into oblivion with the ray blaster on his chest, Superman is zapped off of Warworld by the Cleric, who needs Superman alive for more important matters.
- The story is continued from Action Comics Annual #2.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Superman Vol 2 32 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superman series
Links and References
- Superman at Wikipedia.org
- Superman at DC Comics
- Superman Wiki
- Superman Homepage
- Superman at TV Tropes