Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Rampage!": Lois Lane arrives at a Metropolis science research center to interview Dr. Kitty Faulkner and Dr. Tom Moyers – the engineers responsible for creating a powerful new energy source. Dr. Faulkner gives Lois a tour of the facility and shows her the
- It's kind of a complex story, Lois. And one Superman would rather I kept to myself.
- -- Clark Kent
Appearing in "Rampage!"
- Rampage (First appearance)
- Wonder Woman (Behind the scenes)
- Thomas Moyers (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Rampage!"
Lois Lane arrives at a Metropolis science research center to interview Dr. Kitty Faulkner and Dr. Tom Moyers – the engineers responsible for creating a powerful new energy source. Dr. Faulkner gives Lois a tour of the facility and shows her the Bio-energy Actualizer, a massive containment canister that stimulates the cellular structure of algae, forcing it to replicate, producing millions of kilowatts of energy. However, one of the display panels malfunctions and the containment canister explodes.
Miles away at the Daily Planet, Clark Kent hears the explosion and races off to change into Superman. He arrives at the science building only to discover an eight-foot tall orange-skinned female creature known as Rampage tearing through the wreckage. Dr. Moyers approaches him and tells Superman that the creature was once Lois Lane.
Superman and Rampage begin fighting one another. He is astonished to discover that she is nearly as strong as he is. Rampage grabs Superman in her arms and begins smashing his body across the street pavement. As the two continue fighting, Superman begins to realize that this creature is not Lois Lane at all. Rampage is actually the mutated body of Dr. Kitty Faulkner. The radiation expelled from the Bio-energy Actualizer is responsible for her current condition. Superman uses his own solar cells as an energy dampener and siphons the harmful radiation from Rampage's body, turning her back into Kitty Faulkner. Glowing like a small sun, Superman flies off high into atmosphere to discharge the excessive radiation.
Later, Superman visits Kitty in the hospital in his guise as Clark Kent. Lois is present as well, and Kitty appears to be perfectly healthy. They are both confident that they have seen the last of Rampage.
- This issue was reprinted in Superman: The Man of Steel Vol. 4.
- Behind-the-scenes reference to Wonder Woman.
- The closing scene in Kitty's hospital room takes place after the events from Superman #8 and Action Comics #591.
- Dr. Thomas Moyers appears next in Superman (Volume 2) Annual #1.
- This is the first Post-Crisis story wherein Superman utters the famous phrase, "Up, up and away". The cliché phrase first came to use in The Adventures of Superman serialized radio broadcasts of the 1950s.
- This comic book features advertisements for the following products:
- —M&M chocolate candy
- —Rain-Blo bubble gum
- —DC Comics – The Shadow comic book series debut
- —DC Comics – Green Arrow – The Longbow Hunters comic book limited series
- —DC Comics – Centurians comic book limited series
- —DC Comics – 'Mazing Man Special
- —DC Comics – Secret Origins Annual #1 and Superman Annual #1 comic books
- —DC Comics – Who's Who Update '87 comic book reference series
- —DC Comics comic book subscription service
- —Aurora racing car model kit
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Superman Vol 2 7 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superman series
Links and References
- Superman article at Wikipedia
- Superman #7 entry at the Grand Comics Database
- Superman #7 entry at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe