Appearing in "Alive"
- Brock (Single appearance)
- Doctor Meyer (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Alive"
As Lois Lane tracks down another Superman appearance, still pining over not seeing Clark Kent reappearing after Jonathan Kent's claim of bringing his son back, S.T.A.R. Labs has a face-to-face encounter with a "Superman" asking for the body of Doomsday, which has been turned over to Project Cadmus. Lois assumes Project Cadmus has taken Superman's body again and now drives over to where she thinks it is in Metropolis, when Project Cadmus deals with a mysterious intruder demanding the body of Doomsday, firing everything they have at it with no effect. They are aghast when they see that the intruder is "Superman" -- but now in the form of a cyborg. Using a combination of Kryptonian abilities and new cybernetic ones, Cyborg Superman finds where the body of Doomsday is stored and brings it out into space, tying it up with strong metal cables to an asteroid and sending it hurtling toward deep space. Cyborg Superman then appears unto Lois Lane, trying to convince her that he is truly Superman. She takes him to Professor Hamilton's lab where he uses his special chamber to scan him, and reports that half of him has Superman's DNA and half of him is composed of Kryptonian technology -- suggesting that somehow this is Superman come back to life. Meanwhile, in deep space, Doomsday lets out a chilling laugh.
- This issue is reprinted in the Superman: The Death and Return of Superman omnibus and the The Return of Superman trade paperback.
- The direct market edition of this issue features a die-cut enhanced cover.
- This issue is triangle number 14.
- Doomsday would be seen alive again in Superman/Doomsday: Hunter/Prey.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Superman Vol 2 78 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superman series
The Death and Return of Superman
Links and References