Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Prove it.": New Daily Planet reporter Ronald Troupe is out to "prove himself" as a worthy successor to Clark Kent when he goes to report the story of a lifetime: whether the Cyborg Superman truly is Superman. Traveling to Washington, D.C., Ronald manages to meet with Maxwell Lord outside the Wh
Appearing in "Prove it."
- Quraci Terrorists
Synopsis for "Prove it."
New Daily Planet reporter Ronald Troupe is out to "prove himself" as a worthy successor to Clark Kent when he goes to report the story of a lifetime: whether the Cyborg Superman truly is Superman. Traveling to Washington, D.C., Ronald manages to meet with Maxwell Lord outside the White House as he is on his way to an appointment with the U.S. President when Qurac terrorists attack. Cyborg Superman comes on the scene to take out the terrorists, but becomes a victim of the White House's defense computer systems as they fire upon him while Ronald and Maxwell take cover. Soon, with Cyborg Superman producing a sonic disruptor that helps Ronald use a retina scanner to prove his identity as Superman, he enters the White House warning that the terrorist threat isn't over, and soon plugs himself into their computers to discover that Maxwell Lord's briefcase has been switched with one that contained an explosive, melting it with his heat vision. The President personally thanked Cyborg Superman for his intervention and acknowledged him as being the one true Superman. Daily Planet editor Perry White reads Troupe's article and realizes that the young man has what it takes to be a successor to Clark Kent.
- This issue is reprinted in the Superman: The Death and Return of Superman omnibus, the Superman: The Return of Superman trade paperback, and the Superman: The Death and Return of Superman Omnibus.
- This issue is triangle number 18 for the year 1993.
- Bill Clinton is the President who appears as part of the story. He and his wife Hilary had previously attended Superman's funeral in Metropolis in the Funeral For A Friend storyline.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Superman Vol 2 79 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superman series
- Images from Superman Vol 2 79
The Death and Return of Superman
Links and References