"Battle Ground Metropolis": From the seclusion of a private facility aboard a LexCorp ship, Lex Luthor gleefully monitors the chaos that is tearing Metropolis apart. In addition to t
- The sheep call him Superman. Man of Steel. Man of Tomorrow. If I have to be so fragile... to have no tomorrow of my own -- then I'll take his away as well!
- -- Lex Luthor
Appearing in "Battle Ground Metropolis"
- Kirby County
- Project Cadmus missiles
- Project Cadmus military vehicles
- The Sea Queen
Synopsis for "Battle Ground Metropolis"From the seclusion of a private facility aboard a LexCorp ship, Lex Luthor gleefully monitors the chaos that is tearing Metropolis apart. In addition to the carnage wrought by the Underworlders Luthor has just detonated a series of strategically placed bombs throughout the city.
Meanwhile, Superman hands the injured Guardian over to Dubbilex. He then flies into the Metropolis River to rescue members of Team Luthor. After which, he flies high into the sky to survey all of the damage.
At Cadmus, director Paul Westfield is frustrated by the actions of the Underworlders. He launches several missiles with the intent of destroying them. What Westfield doesn't realize is that former Cadmus scientist Dabney Donovan is secretly monitoring his efforts. He refuses to let Westfield get away with destroying his creations.
Superman accompanies Dubbilex and Guardian back to Project Cadmus where he has a run-in with Paul Westfield. Superman places the lion's share of blame on Westfield's head and threatens to blow the whistle on him once this madness is over. Westfield scoffs at the Man of Steel, citing that he is now the "Top-Dog" in Metropolis.
At the Lexcorp Tower, Lois Lane avoids blaster fire from Lex's armored security personnel and races out of the building. Superman arrives and disables the guards. Lois tells him that she now has enough solid evidence against Lex Luthor to put him away forever. Superman sneaks a kiss then flies off. He intercepts one of Westfield's guided missiles and pitches it into outer space.
Later, Dabney Donovan disguises himself as a janitor and goes to Paul Westfield's office. He sprays him with a toxic gas and leaves him for dead.
- This issue is chapter three in the "Battle for Metropolis" story-arc.
- This issue is triangle number 1994/22.
- Lois Lane exits the Lexcorp building wearing a different outfit than she did when she first entered it in Superman: Man of Steel #34.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Superman Vol 2 90 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superman series
- Images from Superman Vol 2 90
Links and References
- Superman (Volume 2) series index at DCU Guide
- Superman (Volume 2) series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Superman (Volume 2) series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
Superman: Man of Steel #34: 1994/21
Adventures of Superman #513: 1994/23
This issue is related to the Battle for Metropolis and Fall of Metropolis storylines, spanning through the Superman Titles in 1994, and involving the battle for, and then fall of Metropolis.