- How can you have a funeral when you've seen what I've seen? How can you shake the hands of family and friends, catching sorrow in their eyes as you bury a secret a little deeper in your gut? How do you stand alongside a man of God who's reading from the Bible and talking about Heaven and peace on Earth?
Appearing in "Chapter One"
- John Winchester (First appearance)
- Dean Winchester (First appearance)
- Sam Winchester (First appearance)
- Missouri Mosely (First appearance)
- Demons (Behind the scenes)
- John Winchester's station wagon
Synopsis for "Chapter One"
John Winchester reflects upon the mysterious circumstances surrounding the death of his wife Mary. On the night she died, Mary's body was held fast to the ceiling of the family nursery with flames erupting all about her for no discernible reason. Since then, John has learned that there are things in this world that defy explanation. He attempts to investigate the strange fire on his own, but every avenue he pursues turns up nothing. While continuing his search for answers, John leaves his young sons Sam and Dean in the care of a woman named Julie.
While playing pool at a bar one evening, John gets into a brawl with an opponent. The brawl is interrupted by the presence of a psychic named Missouri. Missouri knows all about the things that haunt John Winchester and offers to help. She offers to help him learn about his wife's killer, but indicates that her talents will require a sacrifice.
After conducting a ritual, John learns that Sam and Dean are still in danger. Heeding the warning provided by Missouri's vision, they race to Julie's house only to find the words "We're coming for the children" smeared on the walls in blood. Fortunately, Sam and Dean are in their bedrooms and appear to be safe. Missouri finds a fang which may belong to the entity responsible for the bloody message.
Appearing in "Speak No Evil"
- Unnamed assailant (Single appearance)
- 1967 Chevrolet Impala
Synopsis for "Speak No Evil"
November 2nd, 1989
Sam and Dean are staying at a motel. Sam asks his brother about how their mother died, but Dean lies and tells him that she died in a car accident.
Moments later, John Winchester comes crashing out of a motel window. A man with a knife follows after him and the two begin fighting on the ground in front of the boys. John barks some orders to Dean who quickly obeys. He gathers Sam and gets into the Impala and drives away from the incident.
He comes to a stop three miles north, and Sam continues pressing Dean about their mother. Dean is quick to end the conversation. He wants Sam to never ask about her again and advises him that it is best if he forgot about her entirely.
- This series is based upon the WB/CW Network television series Supernatural and is published by WildStorm Productions. Although the series serves as a prequel to the television program, it is regareded as being a canonical part of Supernatural continuity.
- The setting for this series takes place outside mainstream DC Universe continuity as well as the "Earth-50" continuity seen in most comic book titles published under the WildStorm umbrella.
- This issue is reprinted in the Supernatural: Origins trade paperback.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Supernatural: Origins Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Supernatural: Origins series
Links and References
- Supernatural: Origins series index at the Supernatural Wiki
- Supernatural: Origins series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Supernatural: Origins series index at the Grand Comics Database Project