Sur-Na was a Kryptonian who lived on the continent of Lurvan several hundred years ago. When the alien warlords the Vrangs subjugated Krypton, Sur-Na was taken into slavery and forced to mine the catacombs of the Jewel Mountains. He became a close colleague to Hatu-El and stood by his side when Hatu-El decided to oppose the alien slavers. Sur-Na piloted the Vrang sky-ship that brought Hatu-El to the Fire-Falls in Lurvan's interior. Together, they labored to create Krypton's first electric-powered generator - a tool that became useful for charging weapons to repel the Vrangs.
- This version of Sur-Na (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- The final fate of Sur-Na has never been revealed, but it is likely that he passed away some time prior to the destruction of Krypton.
- 1 Appearances of Sur-Na (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Sur-Na (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Sur-Na (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Sur-Na (Earth-One)