|Real Name||Sven Larson|
|Current Alias||Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man|
|Universe||Earth-One, New Earth|
|Creators||Arnold Drake, Bruno Premiani|
Biologist Sven Larsen seemingly becomes a victim of one of his own experiments when he is transformed into a being capable of taking on any animal, vegetable, or mineral form known as the Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man. After a battle with the Doom Patrol, however, the Chief deduces that Larsen's transformation was deliberate and that by killing the Doom Patrol he seeks revenge on the Chief, whom he wrongly believes once stole an invention of his. Ironically, the device in question proves to be the sole means of stopping the Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man by "freezing" him in a single transmuted form until he can be captured and returned to normal.
The Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man returned to plague the Doom Patrol several months later, right after an accident had forced the team to function with their powers switched around. The same device was again used to stop the AVM-Man, and he was again sent back to prison.
Over four years later, Larsen was broken out of prison by General Immortus in order to aid him in bringing the Chief out of seclusion. This also brought him into conflict with the Doom Patrol again, at least the team that Celsius had assembled to help her find the Chief for herself. Larsen still wanted revenge on the Chief for the invention he believed was stolen, and went against Immortus' orders and attempted to kill the Chief himself. Unfortunately for the AVM-Man, the one weapon that Immortus' men hadn't found in the Chief's wheelchair was a water pistol full of a chemical retardant to stop the villain's transformations. The Chief had miscalculated and the chemical only slowed the changes. It took Scott Fischer to almost accidentally stop the AVM-Man by burning him severely with his hands. Celsius then encased the now normal Larsen in ice.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Transformation: Capable of taking on any animal, vegetable, or mineral form.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 16 Appearances of Sven Larson (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Sven Larson (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Sven Larson (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Sven Larson (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
Doom Patrol Villain(s)