Swami Ymar was a Gotham City based criminal who, as the Spinner, used a variety of gimmick weapons including lethal spinning tops to carry out robberies. He repeatedly clashed with Batman and Robin but escaped them every time until Batwoman, investigating a bogus psychic called Swami, accidentally stumbled upon Spinner's HQ after Swami 'predicted' its location. She was captured but rescued by Batman and Robin just before Spinner's base (a windmill) blew up. Batman then tracked down Ymar, who had been using his fake psychic gifts (aided by a henchman who would steal small but valuable items from his patrons so that Swami could miraculously predict where they would be found) to build a reputation for himself. His ultimate plan was to (as Swami) send the police and Batman to the windmill just as the bomb he had planted there blew up, killing a hapless henchman dressed in his Spinner costume so that the police would assume the real Spinner was dead, after which he could safely retire on his stolen loot. Unfortunately for Ymar, Batman saved the henchman and revealed his entire plan, after which Ymar was jailed.
- This version of Spinner, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse saving all the alternate realities though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 3 Appearances of Swami Ymar (Earth-One)
- 2 Images featuring Swami Ymar (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Swami Ymar (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Swami Ymar (Earth-One)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."