Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"The Stalker From Beyond": Matt Cable is called back to Washington where he is assigned to work with a military task force led by captain Brad Samson. A UFO was sighted near the Louisiana swamps where Cable had begun investigating the Holland murders and his knowledge of the area is show
Appearing in "The Stalker From Beyond"
- Swamp Thing
- Abigail Cable
- Matthew Cable
- Brad Samson (Single appearance) (a government agent) (Single appearance)
- An unnamed Alien (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "The Stalker From Beyond"
Matt Cable is called back to Washington where he is assigned to work with a military task force led by captain Brad Samson. A UFO was sighted near the Louisiana swamps where Cable had begun investigating the Holland murders and his knowledge of the area is shown to be beneficial to the task force.
Meanwhile, the Swamp Thing has finally made it back to Houma, Louisiana and he arrives at the shack where he had been conducting his experiments. As he enters, he finds that the above-mentioned UFO had moved his space-craft inside the shack so that it could affect repairs. Swamp Thing and the alien briefly fight one another, but the alien overpowers him. He dumps Swamp Thing's body into the swamp.
Samson's team arrives and they find the alien. They slap a pair of hi-tech manacles onto it, and chain it to a tree. But Samson has no intention of following orders and brining it back to base. He intends on killing it.
Swamp Thing arrives, now realizing that the alien was peaceful and only attacked because it perceived Swampy as a threat. Swamp Thing stops Samson from killing the alien. He sets it free and guides it back to its ship.
The alien launches from inside the shack and blasts off into the atmosphere. However, it never completed the necessary repairs to its ship and it soon crashes back down onto the surface.
- This issue is reprinted in Roots of the Swamp Thing #5, DC Special Series #20, Swamp Thing: Dark Genesis and the Secret of the Swamp Thing collection.
- The alien is revealed much later (in Swamp Thing Vol 2 81) to be Widowsweed's mate.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Swamp Thing Vol 1 9 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Swamp Thing series
- Swamp Thing (Volume 1)
- Swamp Thing (Volume 2)
- Swamp Thing (Volume 3)
- Swamp Thing (Volume 4)
- Swamp Thing (Volume 5)
Links and References
- Swamp Thing at Wikipedia
- Swamp Thing at Sequart
- Swamp Thing at Toonopedia
- Swamp Thing at DCU Guide
- Swamp Thing Annotations
- Swamp Thing Database at Roots of the Swamp Thing
- Swamp Thing at TV Tropes
- Swamp Thing movie entry at the Internet Movie Databse (IMDB)
- Swamp Thing live-action television series at the Internet Movie Database (IMDB)
- Swamp Thing animated series at the Internet Movie Database (IMDB)