"Sins on the Water": Dennis Barclay visits Mrs. Clancy in the hospital. He is astonished to discover that Mrs. Clancy is begging for her own daughter's demise. Other physicians enter the room and realize that Dennis is not actually a doctor. He races out of the hospital where Liz and the Swamp T
- Your power is great, Death. Yet there are greater powers still. Do not force me to invoke them to free her.
Appearing in "Sins on the Water"
- Avery Carlton Sunderland (First appearance)
- Harry Kay
- Maitland (a bodyguard)
- Milton Grossman (First appearance)
- Mrs. Clancy
- Paul Feldner
- Phil (a sailor) (Only appearance; dies)
- Sam (a sailor)
- Tim Halloran (a yeoman)
- Gates County
- Gates County Hospital
- Casey Clancy's locket
- The Haven cruise ship
Synopsis for "Sins on the Water"
Dennis Barclay visits Mrs. Clancy in the hospital. He is astonished to discover that Mrs. Clancy is begging for her own daughter's demise. Other physicians enter the room and realize that Dennis is not actually a doctor. He races out of the hospital where Liz and the Swamp Thing are waiting in a Volkswagen van. They speed off before hospital personnel can discover who they really are.
They continue down the road until they encounter a roadblock, forcing them to stop. The roadblock is a façade however, and the officers are really there to abduct Liz. Dennis and the Swamp Thing attempt to save her, but Harry Kay arrives in an attack helicopter and opens fire on them. During the excitement, the imposter police officers make off with Liz.
Dennis and the Swamp Thing determine that the kidnappers are bringing Liz to The Haven, a luxury cruise ship owned by General Avery Sunderland. They travel to Florida, where they arrange to stow away aboard Sunderland's ship.
Sunderland meanwhile, has Liz drugged and brought on board. He dresses her in a harem girl's outfit, with plans of taking advantage of her.
Dennis and the Swamp Thing split up to broaden the search for Liz. While Dennis manages to locate her in a stateroom, the Swamp Thing encounters a strange creature with large tentacles. The creature's barbed flesh bites into the Swamp Thing's arm, but recoils when Swampy's sap appears to burn him.
Dennis snaps Liz out of her delirium, but convinces her to pretend to act as if she is still drugged. They sneak downstairs where Sunderland is hosting a costume party. At the stroke of midnight, the party guests begin to remove their masks, revealing faces that are non-human.
Appearing in "...Till Death Do Us Join..."
- Bobby Jones (a young boy)
- Charlie (a medic)
- Margaret Brennan (Only appearance; dies)
- Mister Jones (Behind the scenes)
- Mister Weems (Only appearance; dies)
Synopsis for "...Till Death Do Us Join..."
A woman named Margaret Brennan dies from unforeseen circumstances. The Phantom Stranger follows her spirit to the realm of Death. Confronting Death, he demands that he release his hold over Margaret, as it is not yet her time to die. Margaret however, embraces her own demise, citing that she is in love with Death. Moments later, a young boy named Bobby Jones enters Death’s domain. He is sad and scared, but Margaret gives him comfort before uniting him with the soul of his late father.
- This book was first published on July 8, 1982.
- In this issue, Death takes the form of a distinguished gentleman. Although this version of Death is the same as the Neil Gaiman version of Death, Gaiman's conceptual design of Death won't be developed until 1989.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Swamp Thing Vol 2 6 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Swamp Thing series
- Images from Swamp Thing Vol 2 6
- Swamp Thing (Volume 1)
- Swamp Thing (Volume 2)
- Swamp Thing (Volume 3)
- Swamp Thing (Volume 4)
- Swamp Thing (Volume 5)
Links and References
- Swamp Thing at Wikipedia
- Swamp Thing at Sequart
- Swamp Thing at Toonopedia
- Swamp Thing at DCU Guide
- Swamp Thing Annotations
- Swamp Thing Database at Roots of the Swamp Thing
- Swamp Thing at TV Tropes
- Swamp Thing movie entry at the Internet Movie Databse (IMDB)
- Swamp Thing live-action television series at the Internet Movie Database (IMDB)
- Swamp Thing animated series at the Internet Movie Database (IMDB)