Tadwallader Jutefruce was a mild mannered (and very "square") student at Benedict Arnold High who, when angered, turned (temporarily) green and then transformed into the stylish and popular super-hero who called himself Super-Hip (though Jutefruce himself was unaware of his dual identity, which was known only to his super-intelligent talking dog, Harvard Harvard III). Jutefruce frequently tagged along with his uncle, comedian Bob Hope and shared in several of his adventures. As Super-Hip, he later played guitar at the wedding of Elasti Girl of the Doom Patrol. Super-Hip has apparently remained in touch with Doom Patrol member Robotman and recently aided the fugitive Doom Patrol. Jutefruce now lives in Las Vegas and seems to have permanently adopted his Super-Hip persona.
- Electric Guitar: Super-Hip's guitar can force people to dance when he plays it.
- Suzie Q
- Although this character was originally introduced as an inhabitant of DC's Pre-Crisis Earth-Twelve reality, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- In the pre-Crisis cosmology, it is unknown if Super-Hip's appearance in Doom Patrol #104 indicates that there was a Super-Hip analog on Earth-One, or that the Earth-Twelve Super-Hip was an inter-dimensional traveler. In the post-Crisis universe, the appearance is not an issue.
- While Adventures of Bob Hope was a licensed title and DC Comics does not own the stories (or the character of Bob Hope), DC does own the original characters they created for the series, including Super-Hip.
- Tadwallader's last name is a spoonerism of "fruit juice".
- 14 Appearances of Tadwallader Jutefruce (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Tadwallader Jutefruce (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Tadwallader Jutefruce (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Tadwallader Jutefruce (New Earth)