Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Tala-El was a respected member of the noble House of El on the planet, Krypton. In the Kryptonian year 9852, Tala-El and several other dignitaries met to discuss the formation of an international federation to unite all of Krypton's disparate nations. Tala-El suggested following Kandor's system of government and forging the new federation as a technocracy. His colleagues however, desired a more democratic system of government rather than a society ruled strictly by the laws of science.
Tala-El elected to consult with his uncle, Yu-El, a priest of Rao in order to arbitrate the dispute. Yu-El exclaimed that only Rao can ultimately decide on Krypton's future. He posed a contest wherein the four delegates would gather on the Plain of Wanan outside the city of Kandor to wait out an approaching thunderstorm. Each delegate would carry with him a lightning rod, and whoever's rod was not struck by lightning, shall be the deciding vote for the federation.
Tala-El, along with Sin-Dar and Hal-Vu, did as instructed, and brought their respective lightning rods out onto the plains during a thunderstorm. A lightning bolt came down, striking each rod in turn except the one held by Tala-El. As agreed, the delegates committed themselves towards forging Krypton's capital city as a technocracy. Tala-El later confessed to his uncle the true reasons why he won the contest. Humoring Yu-El's piousness, he told him that Rao inspired him to construct his lightning rod out of non-conductive material.
Not long after, the first Kryptonian Science Council convened in Kandor. Tala-El was chosen as one of the earliest council Molioms and helped to write the Kryptonian Planetary Federation constitution.
Tala-El passed away long before the catastrophe that ultimately destroyed Krypton, but a statue was erected in his honor and placed within a special memorial vault devoted to the House of El on the planet, Rokyn.
- This version of Tala-El (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Tala-El (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Tala-El (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Tala-El (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Tala-El (Earth-One)