Tala is a demoness and a mistress of Hell and her motives reflect such origins, as she is known for either trying to doom mortals' souls to ruin or aiming to unleash apocalyptic evils upon the world. Her actions have often caused her to confront the Phantom Stranger, turning their interactions into a long-time enmity.
Tala was unleashed upon Earth during a dark ritual in Haiti thanks to Dr. Thirteen's blunder while trying to "expose" her existence as a hoax. As soon as Tala was released on the world, she starter wreaking havoc. Her actions led her to New York City, where she was momentarily stopped by the Phantom Stranger. Afterwards, she had other encounters with the Stranger, but she never came out victorious.
- Seduction: Tala seems to be attracted to men of great power such as the Phantom Stranger. She claims that many men have fallen to her great beauty and she may bring these men to a level of bliss that only Chaos can bring. Phantom Stranger seems to be the only target she has not made a victim.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 19 Appearances of Tala (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Tala (New Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Tala (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Tala (New Earth)