"Escapist Entertainment": While imprisoned inside the Sciencells in Oa, Sinestro tells 1,001 stories to the MadGod of Sector 3600, T:D:H:D, to prove to it that the Guardians of the Universe are not as infallible as they think they are.
- No! Wake-up stories! Stories to demonstrate that the Guardians and their Green Lantern Corps are not omnipotent! Stories that will convince the god, if only for an instant, that its imprisonment is only in its own mind -- and that its liberation -- and the liberation of everyone else -- resides there as well!
- -- Sinestro
Appearing in "Escapist Entertainment"
- T:D:H:D (First appearance) (Flashback and main story)
- Sciencell inmates
- Guardians of the Universe (Flashback only)
- Palaqua (First appearance) (Apparent Death) (Flashback only)
- Cimfet Tau (First appearance) (Apparent Death) (Flashback only)
- Rasa Nekroy (Behind the scenes) (Dies)
Synopsis for "Escapist Entertainment"
While imprisoned inside the Sciencells in Oa, Sinestro tells 1,001 stories to the MadGod of Sector 3600, T:D:H:D, to prove to it that the Guardians of the Universe are not as infallible as they think they are.
Appearing in "Mercenary!"
- Penn Maricc (First appearance)
- Prince Tayla (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Mercenary!"
- Synopsis not yet written.
Appearing in "Old Man Lantern"
- Ghrelk (Single appearance)
- Varix (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Old Man Lantern"
- Synopsis not yet written.
Appearing in "Tygers"
- Green Lantern Corps (In a vision)
Synopsis for "Tygers"
Abin Sur arrives high above the planet Ysmault, inquiring his ring information regarding it. The ring informs him that the corpseworld before him was the throneworld of the Empire of Tears, the minds of which had been entombed by the Guardians of the Universe. Sur descends upon the planet, knowing he is doing so without the Guardians' permission -- he had detected a crashed ship on the planet's surface.
On Ysmault, Sur explores the landscape, amazed by the unsettling atmosphere. The various demons he encounters ask to fulfill any desires he has. Sur denies they have anything he desires, and ignores their offers. He eventually meets Qull of the Five Inversions, who offers "any three answers to any three condrums". Sur decides to ask where the ship had crashed. Qull answers that the vessel is nearby and that a child is the only survivor. Sur holds off asking any more questions and heads westward. He indeed finds the ship and rescues the infant within -- she had only suffered a broken ankle.
Convinced of the veracity of Qull's answers, Sur ignores his suspicions of malicious intent and asks about his own future. Qull reveals that Sur will die when his ring fails him at a critical moment, and that his successor will be the greatest amongst his contemporaries. This revelation doesn't bother Sur, who asks his final question:
- What is the most terrible catastrophe that the Green Lantern Corps, in which I serve, has yet to face?: Abin Sur
- You speak of the final catastrophe...: Qull of the Five Inversions
Qull fortells the uprising of the enemies of the Green Lantern Corps, resulting in the complete oblivion of the Corps. Amongst the army are the Weaponers of Qward, Ranx the Sentient City, and the Children of the White Lobe. The Empire of Tears also participate after being freed from entombment. Qull goes on to detail the fall of Sodam Yat (the ultimate Green Lantern) and the destruction of Mogo (the planet-form Green Lantern).
Having finished answering Sur's interrogatives, Qull permits him to leave the planet and forget all that he said. Sur bids him and Ysmault farewell and ascends the skies, child in tow. Qull reports to fellow Inversion Roixeaume that he had destroyed Sur... though he won't know it for a decade. The demons begin laughing for nineteen weeks.
Meanwhile, somewhere in the universe, Sur ponders over the prophecies he had been told. He proposes to his ring that he travels by starship on longer missions as a precaution to conserve energy. The ring doesn't object, and Sur decides to put the Empire of Tears and their predictions behind him. He then begins to fear that his ring is low on energy, forgetting that he recharged it just an hour ago...
- Sinestro was imprisoned in the Sciencells in Green Lantern (Vol. 2) #200.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Tales of the Green Lantern Corps Annual Vol 1 2 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Tales of the Green Lantern Corps Annual series
- Images from Tales of the Green Lantern Corps Annual Vol 1 2
Links and References
- No external links.