""Shadows in the Dark!"": This story is reprinted from New Teen Titans (Volume 2) #1.
- My mind is a battleground, whipped and ripped asunder, torn from the very fabric of reality.
- -- Raven
Appearing in "Shadows in the Dark!"
- Vega Star System
Synopsis for "Shadows in the Dark!"
This story is reprinted from New Teen Titans (Volume 2) #1.
The Titans enjoy a training exercise on Titans Island. The game is tag and their objective is to capture their newest member, Jericho. Jericho keeps the Titans on their toes by alternately taking possession of each of their bodies and using their unique talents against each other. In the middle of the exercise, Raven appears on the scene. In the spirit of fun, Jericho tries to enter Raven's body. Raven, suffering from her own secret inner turmoil, panics and teleports away, forcing Jericho out of her body. Jericho's eyes are wide with terror and he signals to the others about a great darkness that he senses inside of Raven.
Everyone returns to the Tower to discuss the matter. They want to help Raven, but unless she elects to confide in them, they don't know what to do. Raven enters the meeting room and tells them that she is leaving the team. She is dealing with matters of the soul that the others could not hope to understand. The Titans plead with her to let them help, but Raven is adamant. She announces that she will depart the following morning.
That evening, Jericho visits Raven's room. Raven thanks him for her concern, but tells him that there is nothing anyone can do for her. The journey that she must take is one that she must take alone. After Raven falls asleep, Joey decides to enter her mind in the hopes of learning the exact nature of her problem. He finds his spirit displaced to a nightmarish dreamscape made up of bones and tortured souls. At the center of Raven's soul is the essence of that which has been corrupting her – her demonic father Trigon. The essence of Trigon unleashes a psionic attack that forcibly expels Joey from Raven’s body. When he comes to his senses, Raven is gone. The Titans go to Raven's room and Joey tries his best to describe what he experienced (using sign language). The sky outside Titans Tower grows immensely dark and peals of thunder accompanied by an omnipresent sinister laughter echoes all around them.
- This issue was originally printed in New Teen Titans (Volume 2) #1. It is also reprinted in the New Teen Titans: The Terror of Trigon trade paperback.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Tales of the Teen Titans Vol 1 60 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Tales of the Teen Titans series
Links and References
- New Teen Titans (Volume 2) series index at DCU Guide
- New Teen Titans (Volume 2) series index at Comicbookdb.com
- New Teen Titans (Volume 2) series index at the Grand Comics Database