We could probably just copy the New Earth section of the other article into this one, since all of those events have either been referenced or stated outright to have happened in the new timeline. At the very least, Blackest Night and everything pertaining to Grant Morrison is canon. --DARK 23:28, March 21, 2013 (UTC)
PictureCan we change the picture to something with Damian more in the spotlight. I feel he's just not as focused in the one we have right now as he should be.
- I'm in favour. that's a much better image. - Hatebunny (talk) 02:35, June 20, 2014 (UTC)
I just can not understand when Damian received the surname of "Wayne". As I recall, Bruce has never officially recognized the son, and I do remember that in the comics for him will never accessed by "Wayne". It turns out that it should be called by "Damian al Ghul", is not it?--- Мидейла (talk) 18:46, August 24, 2014 (UTC)
- Plenty of sources give his name as Wayne. More than those that give his name as Al Ghul. --Tupka217 14:53, August 24, 2014 (UTC)
- What does that even mean? That he doesn't "feel pain"? Or that he can't feel anything at all. --Tupka217 10:39, February 26, 2015 (UTC)
So with Convergence underway, I'd like to readdress splitting this page. Before, we thought we'd seen the last of New Earth Damian so merging his PE and NE versions wasn't that big of a deal. However, with Convergence and, more specifically, Convergence: Batman and Robin #1, New Earth Damian is shown to still exist as a separate person, still protecting Gotham with his father like he had been before Flashpoint. It might take a bit of effort, but can we consider splitting this page? --- Haroldrocks talk 16:53, April 8, 2015 (UTC)
- I always wondered why he never had a New Earth page. I'm down with it. TheD3xus (talk) 16:59, April 8, 2015 (UTC)
- I totally agree Harold. The original reason for not splitting being because the Prime Earth version resembled the New Earth version enough, so that only one page was needed. I however think that we need separate pages, like you suggested. Neptune - Everything's impossible until someone does it.
- I agree that the page should be split, specially after Convergence. The preceding unsigned comment was added by Xelloss.nakama (talk • contribs).
New vs Prime
Stephanie Brown (Prime Earth) is a different person... but the Damian Wayne in the Prime Earth timeline is the same as in the New Earth one or something?
I'm pretty confused by this. Was he somehow excepted from the Flashpoint rewrite and New 52?
Does this mean he remembers meeting the original Stephanie Brown? Would he think that the Prime Earth version was the same or different? Would this bother him? talk2ty 16:20, July 11, 2015 (UTC)
- Damian falls under what Billy refers to as the "Morrison Embargo" - which requires that characters who are somehow very heavily involved in Grant Morrison's batman story are exempt from page-splitting, except under particular circumstances. I don't fully agree with it, and since convergence, it seems more necessary to split it, but my misgivings alone are not enough to decide the issue. - Rab Townsend (talk) 19:22, July 11, 2015 (UTC)
- Is this still the policy? I really think it makes no sense. The Damian of the New Earth & the Damian of the Prime Earth are two totally separate characters, they interact with totally separate characters, new stories are told with the Prime Earth Damian that don't apply to his New Earth counterpart. They may share a lot of the same history but if the pages were split the information that's canon from the New Earth could just be added to the Prime Earth article. It's super confusing for new readers to see only one character that has one page for both their New Earth and Prime Earth continuities, when almost every other character is separated. Is it possible it will ever be changed? Samohyeah (talk) 23:29, October 21, 2017 (UTC)
- On a separate but related note, I've noticed a ton of Green Lantern characters in particular don't have Prime Earth pages & have their New Earth and Prime Earth histories on just the one New Earth page (eg Carol Ferris (New Earth), Bro'Dee Walker (New Earth), Soranik Natu (New Earth) etc), is there any specific reason for this? I really agree that characters who appear in both continuities should have separate New Earth and Prime Earth pages as, again, they're different characters in different universes no matter how similar their histories may be.
- But regarding Damian in particular, I'd be interested to hear anyone else's views on the subject. Samohyeah (talk) 22:18, October 28, 2017 (UTC)
- The Green Lanterns I understand a little more why we held off. Kyle's probably the guy to talk to in particular. From what I understand, the creative team that was on Green Lantern during the start of the New 52 just felt like practically ignoring the reboot entirely and continuing what they were doing. Pulling apart certain GL characters was like taking gum out of hair. But, that's what I meant when I said I wanted Prime Earth pages for everything, I'm in favor of splitting GL pages too but I respect the other admins' decision because they know the Lantern stuff better than I do. --- Haroldrocks talk 21:14, October 29, 2017 (UTC)
- I'm in favor of splitting Damian's pages. I don't know enough about Green Lantern to make any judgement on that front, but regarding the issue with Damian, I agree that it's odd for him not to have separate pages. I haven't been on this wikia long enough to check if every Batman character has split pages, but from what I've seen so far, every relevant and supporting character except Damian does.
- What makes the issue worse is that the links on his page direct to both New Earth and Prime Earth pages arbitrarily, and it's probably confusing for someone who hasn't read the comics. Plus, we have issues like the relatives section. In Prime Earth, Cass was never adopted and isn't his sister. In New Earth, she is. How can this be reconciled with no split? -- Chairom (talk) 00:44, November 22, 2017 (UTC)
- Just to give my two cents: I'm in favor of a split for Damian. Not so for Lanterns (especially minor ones). Like, KT21... --Tupka217 16:35, January 9, 2018 (UTC)
- I agree for the really minor Lantern characters, but I think characters like Hal Jordan, Carol Ferris etc should have two pages like 99% of DC characters who have appeared regularly in both New Earth & Prime Earth continuity do.
- Back to Damian, when would we be ready to split the page, since it seems there's a pretty clear consensus? And would it have to be done by an admin or could anyone do it? Samohyeah (talk) 20:08, January 18, 2018 (UTC)
From what i heard Stephanie brown never became the fourth robin in prime earth.. So does that make him the fourth? --Ouroborosi 09:21, March 6, 2016 (UTC)
- Third. Tim started his career as Red Robin.MysteryScooby 18:36, March 7, 2016 (UTC)
New New Picture
I feel like this needs to be pointed out- that is a cover from the New Earth Teen Titans. That is not Prime Earth Damian. A new picture may be appropriate. HazelEyedOtaku (talk) 02:40, October 14, 2017 (UTC)