Is there a reason why the info template takes up over half the page?Netherith 10:55, September 24, 2009 (UTC)
I remember a few months ago I found the state where Gotham is located. I couldn't go back and find it, though...
Anyone know where is's located??? J. A. R. Head 22:43, January 3, 2010 (UTC)
- Just dumping this here: states given as GC's home in any continuity. Expand if you find another source. It's pretty consistently NJ in mainstream. --Tupka217 15:32, September 9, 2014 (UTC)
- Earth-One: Text in Amazing World of DC Comics #14, 1977. Note: pretty much all the other states for Leaguer's home cities have been revised since then.
- Earth-One: Newspaper comic map, 1978. more or less the same map, 1981.
- Earth-One: The Jersey Shore is 20 miles north of the City, and a "New Jersey airfield" is near. Detective Comics #503, 1981
- New Earth: Atlas of the DC Universe, 1990
- Pre-Zero Hour: an excavation of the "Jersey sector" of Metropolis reveals the Batcave, Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 4) #11, 1990.
- New Earth: A driver's license in Batman: Shadow of the Bat Annual #1, 1993
- New Earth:' an envelope in Year One: Batman/Scarecrow #2 - it's a bit small, the second letter looks more like a Y than a J.
- DCAU: see w:c:dcanimated:Gotham_City#Gotham_versus_New_York_City
County: Gotham County Vs. Kane County
Batman Vol 2 10 states that Gotham City is in Kane County. This is at least the second time I've read this in the New 52. Should the County be updated on the Gotham City page? Goblyn4evil (talk) 22:03, July 31, 2012 (UTC)
- Tough call. Slaughter Swamp typically exists in Gotham County, and it just appeared in All-Star Western (Volume 3) #11. I don't recall any specific mention of Gotham County in AWS, but I feel as though there was one. I don't know what to make of either. - Hatebunny (talk) 22:10, July 31, 2012 (UTC)
- There was a mention of Kane County back in Gotham Central. I'll look up the issue in a moment. --Tupka217 22:21, July 31, 2012 (UTC)