We have a problem. The full game's story has been leaked and it turns out that there are two Earth's in this game. Two Batmen, two Wonder Women, two Cyborgs, etc. How are we going to organize the characters in this game now? If we keep them as one article each, there would problems as one Hal Jordan is Green Lantern and the other is Yellow Lantern, one Superman is good while the other is evil. One Nightwing is Dick Grayson and the other is Damian Wayne. Oh no, if the New 52 wasn't bad enough, we have to handle two Earth's in one game, and they hardly told us anything! SeanWheeler (talk) 03:26, April 16, 2013 (UTC)
I think we need a separate article for the characters who are part of the alternate reality, because otherwise we'll have trouble deciding which is which, this might cause problems while editing as we may have different ideas about which one the article refers too, for example there are two versions of batman, the Batman native to the world with the regime has had his identity exposed while the alternate version has not and there's already been a slight disagreement between me and another editor about that.--Gboy4 (talk) 11:16, April 17, 2013 (UTC)
- I haven't played the game, I'm going off the wikipedia synopsis. How would you guys feel about something like Bruce Wayne (Gods Among Us) for the good versions, and Bruce Wayne (Injustice Universe) for the flawed timeline? - Billy Arrowsmith (Talk), 21:55, April 17, 2013 (UTC)
- I'm afraid that system might get too tangled, Billy Arrowsmith. People could easily get the two pages mixed up. I already sent a message to the admins, and they say they are going to discuss. I'm pretty sure they'll start up a conversation and take suggestions from everybody. --- Harold "The Party" Rocks talk 22:51, April 17, 2013 (UTC)
- Oh, sorry. Didn't mean to offend. I figured it would be on a message board. Anyway, I still think, to differentiate a little better, we need to straight-forwardly say some characters are from the other universe while some are from the original. We have to make that clear in their title. Just saying (Injustice) and (Gods Among Us) can get twisted pretty quickly for new users and editors alike. I'm not trying to be a jerk here, Billy. I'm just trying to avoid any collisions with pages. --- Harold "The Party" Rocks talk 01:15, April 18, 2013 (UTC)
- Hahaha, no worries. No, that's a good point, I'm just trying to think of anything else that would work. Very open to suggestions. Again, I haven't played the game.
- We're trying to phase away from the Earth-Whatever naming because it's a made-up convention by the site and not something DC actually uses.
- How about Bruce Wayne (Injustice: Superman's Regime) for the Batman in the reality with the evil Superman, and Bruce Wayne (Injustice: Gods Among Us) for the other Batman? And all the other pages would follow this convention so that the good Superman is Kal-El (Injustice: Gods Among Us) and the bad Superman is Kal-El (Injustice: Superman's Regime). That way, they would be obvious which universe they are from and we can do more splitting than moving. SeanWheeler (talk) 17:57, April 19, 2013 (UTC)
- I like that idea, Sean, but what about the Joker of world 2? He was neither. Also, would Flash2 and Shazam2 go under Regime, even though they defected? I think, to best show which world they are from, we need to sort each character into only two categories: world1 and world2. I was thinking something like Bruce Wayne (Injustice: Original Reality) and Bruce Wayne (Injustice: Regime Reality)? --- Harold "The Party" Rocks talk 19:52, April 19, 2013 (UTC)
- So? Why would it matter whether they were a part of Superman's regime? Batman was never on Superman's side and I used him as an example. The parenthesis refers to the reality, not the team. In your argument, the Superman of Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes should not be Kal-El (Lego Batman), because he's Superman, not Batman. Or what about Kal-El (The Batman)? Even if Joker dies before Superman ruled the world, he's still a part of that timeline. Even if Flash and Captain Marvel (I refuse to call him Shazam) defected, they were still part of the regime. And if there isn't going to be character pages labeled "(Injustice: Gods Among Us)", there would be more work for the admins moving pages. The characters from the heroes universe are fine as they are because they wear their default costumes from trailers. Writing "Reality" in the page names are redundant because most people who come regularly to the site knows the parenthesis refers to the reality. We don't call our pages "New Earth Reality", "DCAU Reality", "Lego Batman Reality". SeanWheeler (talk) 20:32, April 19, 2013 (UTC)
- I see your point. I can't completely agree with the (Superman's Regime), though. I see what you mean, but it might get a little confusing. I know you're calling the world Superman's Regime, but, for characters that aren't part of Superman's Regime, it might be contradictory. Calling the page "Joker (Superman's Regime)" would give the wrong impression that Joker was part of the Regime. You say that the universe is implied, but I'm afraid some readers might not get that. They might read it (as I did at first) that the character was part of the Regime. I'm fine with keeping the (Injustice: Gods Among Us) titles alone, but the world2 pages should clearly say it is a seperate universe. Injustice-Regimeverse or something? Just throwing things out there. --- Harold "The Party" Rocks talk 20:49, April 19, 2013 (UTC)
Joker did cause the regime, so "Joker (Injustice: Superman's Regime)" is still appropriate, even if he wasn't there to see the regime, he still had a major part in it by pissing off Superman (excuse my language). Lois had to die for Superman to become a bad guy. Batman is fighting the regime. Many characters who were once heroes joined the regime. And notice that I didn't just call it "Superman's Regime", I called it "Injustice: Superman's Regime". "Injustice" refers to the game and "Superman's Regime" refers not to the team, but the timeline. SeanWheeler (talk) 13:29, April 20, 2013 (UTC)
I see. The "Superman's" in that is still concerning me. "Superman's" gives the impression that the character is in Superman's custody, which, as we've discussed before, some characters are not. How about we meet in the middle with "Injustice: Regime"? That way, it's obvious we're refering to the universe but it won't imply that the character belongs to Superman? What do you think? --- Harold "The Party" Rocks talk 13:44, April 20, 2013 (UTC)
I think the Universe should be added somewhere since the in game concept art calls the Regime Earth "Alternate Earth V."
Also, should the comic only and iOS only cameos be added?
How are we going to handle the iOS game? Are we going to make a separate page for it? I'm only asking because I want to properly source my recently uploaded Ra's al Ghul picture. --- Harold "The Party" Rocks talk 23:04, June 29, 2013 (UTC)
- Source it here for now and we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.